question about perscriptions

I had been given a scrip for vicodin but I lost it. He called in a new scrip, and I just found the original hard copy. Can I get away with filling that too, even at a different pharmacy?

If you have chosen the phrase “get away with” then you probably should not be asking your question here. Given that vicodin is a narcotic and a controlled substance it may be illegal for you to fill both prescriptions (IANAL but this may constitute prescription fraud) when one is intended to replace a lost one.

With that context, we shouldn’t be telling you how to get away with it.

Given that this could be illegal, I’m closing this.

General Questions Moderator