Question about socks

Damn, that joke worked better in my head. Time for bed.

It’s because when you’re wearing dark pants and dark shoes, and you move your leg such that your ankle is exposed, a dark sock just continues the darkness of the lower extremity, whereas a white sock is a glaring contrast that shouts “LOOK AT ME! I’M A SOCK!!! SOCKY MCSOCKERTON, SOCK-MAYOR OF SOCKVILLE CITY, SOCKAVIA! SOCK SOCK SOCK SOCK SOCK!”

I, too have darned a few socks in my day. We had a little mushroom-shaped device to press from the inside against the stiching. Used to scissor-whip the shit outta that crease of knots.

Ah, the good old days. When a sock stayed around for a loooooong time. :eek:
AwSnappity, please explain what you could possibly have meant by your one-hole post. It’s like a Bizarro-joke.

Laughing I have about it for some time BEEN. :smiley:

Well, if ya wanna get nitpicky about it, one hole is actually needed. I mean, how ya gonna get your foot in with no hole at the top?

Gaaah, beaten to the joke, and I missed it in board lag. Phooey.

:smack:

An engineer might say, “That’s no hole. That’s an entrance!”

I think they call that a sock acorn, the little wooden thing.

Dunno about an acorn, but waaaaaaaaay back when I was a babykitty and was volunteered to darn my dad’s socks, I used a wooden pineapple from the wooden collection of fruit we had. The orange and apple were too big and stretched out the sock too much.

Or perhaps there is no sock. :eek:

You’re right. There is no sock.

Frankly, except for weddings and job interviews I haven’t worn socks in at least 20 years.

Docksiders all the way, baby. And it toughens up the soles of my feet, too.

I wish I could go without socks. But I have Raynaud’s and my feet get cold fast-sometimes my toes even go numb in the summer time.

Heck, I’ve always used the darning eggs they sell for that purpose. The things are actually egg sized and shaped, but made from wood or stone. I still have one sitting on my knickknack shelf.

Heck, back in my day, the only thing ‘oldin’ our socks together was the ‘oles – “The 'oles is what keeps the warmth in,” me old mam used to say, "That, an’t’ fluff between yer toes."

If they needed repairin’ we’d just nail another plank to ‘em,… an’ it never did us any 'arm,… 'cept for the splinters,… and the stigmata.

Aye, them were the days , they don’t make 'em like they used to.
Normal The Great Unwashed will be resumed as soon as 'Ovis

I love the patterns you can put on socks - they can be so pretty, all stripey and colored and stuff. I have a bunch of socks - but I don’t wear them.

Susan

Insert obligatory Portnoy’s Complaint reference here.

Aw, crap. I totally voted for Scarfy O’Scarfenham.

Socks are supposed to MATCH???!!!

:eek: