Question about socks

I appreciate this thread, for at least now I know that IDBB/MetalHairMaven is gone.

Fortunately, too, the posting style is pretty unique, (hey Fenris are those try outs still going on???), so she’s difficult to miss.

So would The Great Unwashed Dish,

Actually, um, I thought that Metal Maven was a NAME CHANGE, not a sock for IDBB.

Oh well.

This thread reminds me-I REALLY need new socks. Most of mine have holes in them-my feet sweat so damn much!

Huh. I thought everyone was talking about this thread.

In addition to the name change, she also had a sock. But I am too timid to say its name, lest this turn out to be frowned upon by the mods. However, this thread contains all the information one would need to figure out who the sock was.

Sock monkeys are cool.

I knew that. I just thought someone said she had more than one sock.

What was the point in her having one in the first place?

You know, when I read this, I thought this was going to be a thread about acts of sexual desperation.

[obscure possibly mis-remembered pop-culture reference]

All of this is reminding me of the “sea urchin” chapter from Carolyn Haywood’s Eddie and Annie Pat.

[/obscure possibly mis-remembered pop-culture reference]

No, I don’t think it’s really necessary to wear matching socks. Either buy all your pairs in one color, or just mix 'n match and be done with it. Life’s far too short for sock sorting. My socks haven’t matched in years.

Mine have.

No we haven’t!

Heavens, people! Think of the argyles!

Wow. I can’t believe that her sock was… her sock.

First off… my apologies to Dex for the appearance of a rant. I didn’t intend for my post to be taken that way, or for it to appear that I was questioning the mods; apparently I didn’t phrase my question clearly enough. I wasn’t interested so much in why the sock issue hadn’t been addressed, but rather “Are there situations in which having a sock does not result in the banning of the individual?” Clearly there have been such instances in the past, but (as pointed out in the OP) these situations were far removed from the cited one, and I was wondering where that line was. And really, my question was answered more with this comment

than anything else. So thank you. (and really, I mean that sincerely.)

Secondly… my very first moved thread! I’m so proud! :smiley:

Thirdly… to address Guin’s question- I’m assuming that the reason had something to do with what I alluded to in the OP- My only thought is that this particular poster has had one name change already, and decided to circumvent the system (and possibly the members) by creating a sock. But considering the individual in question, there’s likely no way of ever being able to tell.

Fourthly… no, it is not necessary to wear matching socks. But at least make sure they’re not full of holes. Or smelly. No one likes smelly socks.

One hole, however, is fine. Just fold up the bottom of the sock to cover the hole, and tuck it in between your toes. Presto, a new sock.

Sadly, I recall being sufficiently cheap (read: poor) that minor sock holes were met with stichery, so as to maximize sock mileage. :rolleyes:

I was once told that white socks do not go with black pants. Why? Is there a particular reason for this or something?

I remember buying socks by the dozen, in the same color, so that I’d have a better chance of having a matching pair. I’ve been known to darn socks and other garments, too.

Your sock only has one hole?

How do you get your foot in?