Question for Painters

What is Japan Dryer.
It is used in mixing paint.I’ve found several sites that mention it but none that tell what it is.

Here’s what I found on a site about Making Your Own Oil Stain:
“…stain manufactures add a drying agent to the formula to help it dry quicker. Usually this is some type of metallic drier like cobalt. This is sold commercially under the name Japan drier.”

Why it’s called Japan drier, I don’t know. Where are the Furniture Guys when you need them?

right here :slight_smile:

If I use japan drier with mineral oil on my jacket will it still be waterproof while keeping the oil from getting on my clothes?
If I use it with linseed oil will it still be tacky?