Question: Is this the best Ad mankind has made so far?

Over here! I like boy titties! I also think we can all admire a fine set of buns.

Actually, I find that kinda creepy. Not quite singing-belly-buttons creepy, but still, creepy.

It is one of the least original commercials I’ve ever seen, so I have to say no.

The commercial is stupid. Even if I were sex-starved and into women’s breasts, it’d still be stupid.

I am sex-starved and into women’s breasts and I agree.

Also posted elsewhere, a three-minute ad for a Japanese cell phone.

The Wilkinson commercial is not witty. I get it, they’re talking about pubic hair – and the Asian woman has a small amount of pubic hair and the black woman has a lot of pubic hair, just like they do in real life! Oh, you ad people. And the tracking shot that reveals the globe-shaped shrub is actually between her legs is just a classic, a total classic. My ribs are hurting from laughing so hard. Ha ha! And they’re all cute young women, wearing pink clothes and skirts and keeping their pubic hair trimmed to better qualify as sexy and attractive. How socially subversive! I mean, Crab007’s commercial just kind of brutalizes you with its unhealthy presentation of women, but that Wilkinson ad is just so subtle and cunning about it… it just, wow!

Does anybody have any other Wilkinson commercials they can link? Oh, wait! I found another one! This is even better than the first! I love the way women are presented in these videos. I mean, whew. Don’t make 'em like that anymore!

Kind of reminds me of the Brevia ad.

My vote will forever go to this nudist turkey bacon ad. The concept is hilarious, the execution flawless, and the prop man did such a good job.

My current favorite is a PSA: Embrace Life. Very simple, and very well done.

Here’s a few examples of great commercials:

Wendy’s

Nynex Yellow Pages

Levi Jeans (this one is borderline NSFW. Be advised.)

Yes, because that’s what commercials are all about. Being socially subversive.

Wilkinson has a target audience. Young women who want to keep their pubic hair trimmed because that socially preferable these days. And although many women do it because they truly prefer the feeling - see the many threads on this - they also have to be aware that it sends out a sexual signal as well. And they’re aware that all-too-many men are such idiots that they can be attracted by stupid sledgehammer bouncing boobies ads.

Put all those together with the fact that even in Britain I’m pretty sure you can’t actually show women trimming public hair on television and what’s your strategy?

Mocking the whole situation with cute, funny ads showing women as sexual beings who have other attributes sounds like a great solution to me. It’s designed to appeal to its target audience and IMO does it extremely well. The target audience has varied needs, but all are shown why the product would work for them. It’s funny, visually clever, has a earworm jingle, and makes its point in five second cut-outs that reinforce one another. The other ad satirizing the sexual innuendo of a sitcom is more heavy-handed, true. It doesn’t hit as many selling points as the first, either. But it would be cheered if it appeared as a fake commercial on SNL. Take the whole “lad” culture of Britain (and elsewhere), twist it so the women come out on top, and make their superior sensibility the sales pitch. You know, maybe that really is socially subversive, though not in the crude sell-no-product way you meant.

Now contrast that with the earbuds commercial, which takes a unisex product, offends half of its possible audience instantly, turns off the part of the rest of its audience that hates stupid “lad” sexualization for non-sexual products, holds on one single dubious claim, and doesn’t give you a real reason to buy it. One works and the other will be a total failure. Women will remember the Wilkinson name when they’re buying. Men won’t remember the earbud company name when they go to a store. And remembering the name is the whole point of a commercial.

I prefer this, but you do need to know that Lark Cigarettes had a series of “Show Us Your Lark Pack” commercials running at the time, using the same music. You also need to know who that masked man is.