I dont watch much tv shows or any of these stuff for a very very long time. I mostly watch sports on tv if i do but besides that, i rarely watch anything else.
Anyways i had heard about breaking bad quite a lot. I finally didn’t to watch it online and streamed it and when i watched the first few episodes, i was pretty hooked. It seemed to get better and better and i think it was season 4 where it got really good especially with the gus character. i pretty much watched the entire 5 seasons in a 2 week span or so.
I have a few questions that i like to ask
- I know this show started back in 2008. But for the last 5 years… basically they only showed one episode per week correct? The thing is i could not imagine watching this on television and then having commericials… not only that, then the next episode won’t be until the following week. Im curious but did most of you watch it live on tv or did you just watched it online?
- When did this show got to be so good? Around what season was it when everyone was talking about the show?
- Why did they end this Gus character so soon? Seems like we hardly knew that much about the guy and after a bit he was gone just like that.
- Who would be the toughest villain in the breaking bad series if they went against one another? I always read how people say Gus is everyones favorite villain because he was calm mannered etc. But this guy… it seemed like his guys didn’t seem to be as tough as the other villains. For example, his guy was Mike the former police officer. I admit this guy is a badass but hes in his early 60s. That doesn’t seem to be someone you want to be the head of security for you. Also his other guys include Victor… who he then got rid of… Victor didn’t seem like that of a badass. Then after Victor was gone, his new guy was Tyrus… basically a guy that has no emotion and never says a word… however, he never seemed to me like a badass.
That guy Tuco was a scary villain especially when he talks and acts like a psycho. Then you have those twins. I know gus had those other guys as well, dont recall their names but there were quite a good number of them… however… those guys dont seem to be like such tough guys. The last villain of the series… jack and his bikers… those guys were pretty bad.
And of course there was crazy 8 and emilio but these guys are just street guys along with tucos guys. But tucos guys seem to strike more fear than gus’s.
I don’t understand why do ppl say gus would destroy all the other villains in the show. I mean him or his people vs tuco guys or him vs jacks guys… why does anyone here think his guys would win?
The thing that i never understood about gus was how come he never seem to have any protection at all when hes aroudn the chicken restaurant or in his office? I mean that doesnt seem to be safe if other bad guys come at him since theres no security there. I recalled that scene where the mexican guy was on the phone with gus and said i know you behind this and then gus’s people came and got rid of them and then gus smiled and then closed his phone and had a smirk on his face then went back to the restaurant.
5. The scene from back in mexico 20 years ago when gus’s friend got rid of in front of him. Did anyone here saw this scene and thought wow gus didn’t look tough anymore? Of course this was back then when he probably didnt have much power but he didn’t seem like a badass then. Of course no one would in that situation but look at the way jack was before walter got rid of him?
6. The scene where Sal goes and talks to badger and that other detective and called him sneaky pete. Can someone explain this joke?
7. Who is the target audience of this show? I can imagine any male would love this show. But how does it appeal to any females? It seems like this show would only appeal to males.
I like to say this show was pretty good and i recalled after i watched every episode, i always wanted to watch the next one. What disappointed me though was when i read reviews of it… there were so many spoilers that i basically knew what was going to happen at the end of certain shows which got me frustrated.