quick and easy veg recipes

Any of you have favorite vegetarian recipes? Being a new lacto-ovo veggie, I don’t have any great ideas yet, and I don’t have the “stocked vegetarian pantry” yet. So any suggestions and recipes would be appreciated.

Just 'cause I had this dish on my mind:

Gazpacho (easy version)

V8 or other veggie juice
diced cucumber
diced onion
diced bell peppers (any color)
chopped cilantro (if you like)

You can season with pepper or even a dash of hot sauce. Chill in fridge for a bit (the soup, not you). It’s nice and refreshing, completely healthy, and involves no measuring.

For something more substantial, there are any number of pizza creations you can make with Boboli type crusts and various veggie toppings.

I also like to make veggie scrambles. I use egg substitute, but you could use real eggs too. Scramble 'em up, add some chopped veggies towards the end of the cooking time (I like scallions, bell peppers, maybe zucchini). Then I top with salsa. You could add cheese, too, but I usually don’t.

I’m sure others will be along shortly with bona fide recipes…

If you do a search in IMHO and MPSIMS (using “vegetarian” as the keyword) you can find all kinds of recipes, links and such. I am sure that Zenster’s Ultimate Recipe thread has many vegetarian allowed dishes too.

Here’s one link:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=100001

Here’s a quickie I got from a housemate; I don’t know where she got it from:

Saute some onion in oil, then add a bag/box of frozen peas and stir it up. Add a splash of soy sauce and a drop or two (but no more!) of sesame oil, then stir it around. When the peas are hot, toss in a handful of raisins (you don’t want to cook them). Give it a stir and serve.

A really nice combination of flavors and textures, and barely 5 minutes start to finish.