Rachel Corrie

I think it’s a pitting of blind spots.

Yes - That’s the impression I get.

PEOPLE!!!

PEOPLE!!!

Stop with the Israel sucks/rocks debate. Stop with the Darwin/tragedy debate! Stop with the MST 3K references. OK, keep up with the MST3K references, because that show rocked.

But we must think of what is truly important.

carnivorousplant. It’s obvious from the OP that he has been trapped in some kind of rift in the space time continuum and is posting from 6 years ago. Something must be done to help that poor man, lest he have to live through the Bush administration, the recession, and Jon and Kate again!!!

carnivourousplant, if you are reading this, you need to come back!! Look for the wormhole!!! For the love of God man, this is huge!!

carnivorousplant!!! Bet the farm on the NY Giants to beat the undefeated Patriots in SuperBowl XLII!!! You’ll make millions.

Wow, I hate to blame the victim here, but according to the wikipedia article, and like so many women, she was asking for it.

:slight_smile:

Was it? You said yourself:

Actions have consequences. Good actions have good consequences. Stupid actions have not-so-good consequences. Sometimes the not-so-good consequences are Darwinism in action.

Still, it was a tragedy.

This came up in a recent thread when an Israeli (I think) poster commented that they don’t need another Rachel Corrie stirring up trouble.

Oh My Darling
Oh My Darling
Oh My Darling, Rachel C.
You Were Run Over, By A Dozer
And Taken Far Away From Me.

It’s absurd to say that the Israelis deliberately killed her since she stood in front of a ten foot high armored bulldozer with a huge blind spot that covered the area where she was standing, and loud enough that the driver couldn’t hear a damn thing besides the engine.

Of course, you can blame the policy of demolishing homes in Gaza, but that’s a different issue entirely, and an indirect cause, not a specific one.

Still, it’s a tragedy that she died.

Sir, let me show you to the correct department.

::Attempts to move to another board; fails::

::Opens door to MPSIMS:: Ah, here we are. Step right in. :smiley:

Gfactor
Pit Moderator

A thread got moved from the Pitt to MPSIMS.
Surely this is the only time this has happened. :dubious:

Oh it’s happened before.

And don’t call me Shirley.

I surely can’t believe that until a Mod tells me so. :slight_smile:

It’s never been clear to me how the story backed by whatever solidarity group she was part of is to be preferred to the story offered by the Israeli government. Oh, right, I forgot, Israel is an American puppet state forged to exterminate the Palestinians. Got it.