Racism in the elevator

How many of you have seen this video,

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HRfjLfyXYlA (Language not safe work, just remove the two spaces after the / to watch)
I’m a white guy (with tons of black friends!!! :wink: ) and I liked the message. What do you guys/gals think?

And you let them use your bathroom, right?

Women act the same way toward men who are not black. And I don’t blame them.

I don’t know how prevalent those sort of actions are, but I do know that if I see someone get on the bus dressed like a gangsta, I’ll keep a firmer grip on my iPhone. (I keep it out while listening to music for convenience of skipping tracks.) Doesn’t matter what race or ethnicity the person is though; if they’re dressed like a hood I’m going to assume they are. Best hedge my bets, 'cos there are people who are likely to try and beat your ass to the ground for something you have that they want, and race isn’t an indicator.

Well-dressed people, or at least those who aren’t dressed in obscuring hoodies who look like they’re trying to evade recognition because they might want to do something they don’t want to be recognized for, shouldn’t provoke that kind of reaction in normal people.

What Mindfield said…While I certainly decry the racial squeamishness many typical suburban middle class whites feel towards interacting with black people, we should give at least some credit in that, generally speaking, if a 5’2" black guy in a suit enters the elevator, the typical suburban middle class white person most likely won’t be so obviously clutching their belongings as much as if a 6’ dude in a hoodie had entered the elevator. So, it’s basically a straw man, even if there is a point.

Racism in the elevator

Man, that was like the worst Aerosmith song ever.

SIT, LADY!!1!

That’s either one tall white woman, or one short black dude!

LOL, pretty funny.

I will say tho’ the original commercial they’re spoofing pisses me off. That’s not freaking racism you fools! Yes, I acknowledge it exists; but that isn’t it.

There’s an original commercial? Link?

Don’t have a link but basically its like the one in the OP. Black guy gets on elevator, notices white woman “death Grip” her purse, then black guy shakes his head in disgust.

Then a narrator comes on and says if you’re a woman doing this you’re being racist.

Yeah, I can’t think of any reason why an attractive woman alone at night in an elevator might need to be on guard. Nope, no reason at all. :rolleyes:

I hope someone makes a spoof that has *her *talking to the camera, explaining this.

Because attractive white women get their bags yanked from them more than ugly guys?

Well, women in general do.