Racist Book About Immigration Written by someone French

I think his first name was Jacque. Would anyone know the title of the book with the following plot?

The lower castes of India board a ship out of desperation and head for the West. They pretty much invade France…their forces are unable to fire b/c of their internal PC complexes-eventually oppressed people the world over take over their governments and the West falls. It was written in the early 1970s I think. It was cited in a poli sci article I read in college and I’m wracking my brains trying to think of the name of the book and the author.

I don’t remember the name of the author offhand, but am virtually certain that the book title was The Camp of the Saints.

It could be called … uh, a classic, in some morbid sense.

As I recall, the Spotlight (sorry, no link at the moment) gave it a pretty laudatory review.

Jean Raspail, Camp des Saints (The Camp of the Saints) translated by Norman Shapiro.

Published by Scribner, [1975]
ISBN# 0684142406

Yes, it was titled “Camp of the Saints”

However, why would you call it racist, unless you are refering to the immigrants in the book who invaded and siezed control of France?

Thanks for your help guys. That was it exactly…I liked the book quite a bit.

The parts that I felt were racist were the imagery describing the Indians…“turd eater” “sea of ghandi arms” among others. Perhaps xenophobic would be a better word…whatever you prefer.

For all its xenophobia, I remember liking it because in some small way it also detailed the arrogance of the West. Anyhoo…that’s exactly what I was thinking of.

Anu

PS-I was reading an article on immigration and refugees and it quoted from that book while discussing prevailing attitudes on the subject. Just in case you want to know.