Ranting, or could this day get any WORSE?

Ohhh, book reports…how perfectly cruel.
This is what you tell this control freak, " I can’t be happy with anyone else until I’m happy with myself and how can I possibly be happy with myself with such a nutjob like you hanging around breathing down my neck crushing my self esteem."

[soapbox]By the way, this Jeanne sounds like alot of women out there that think they are not complete as a person until they are married. Going into a marriage with this attitude is not the foundation of a happy union. Most of these women end up having their identity sucked out of them and they morph and spew their husbands philosphy without ever using brain cells again until divorce or death of spouse. [/soap box]

If she continues to pester you, tell her you are gay. :slight_smile: ( maybe nuero trash grrl could step up to bat and help you out there with your cover :slight_smile: )

Nobody’s perfect. I was informed by our secretary that I can no longer make disgusting noises when spitting out plegm.I do this in the f**king men’s room! She hears it when someone else walks through the door. I guess she has to hear a lot of farts too, her cubicle is right outside.I have to spit in my lab sink(she does not care if it grosses out my partner)or go outside. Otherwise she is totally grossed out and loses her christmas spirit, she says. I lost mine.

Ugh. I can’t stand control freaks. I’ve had it out with one of my best friend before, becasue he nominated himself my personal coach.

Falcon, I’ve said it before: I think you look cute now.

P.S. Congradulations on finding someone! Too cool!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Falcon-Here’s the recipe for the lunchboxes again.

Half a glass of beer, really cold.

Fill the glass almost the rest of the way with oj. Leave enough room for a shotglass filled with amaretto. Drop the shotglass in, and drink it as fast as humanly possible.

A couple of these should provide a fair bit of holiday spirit for you Friday night.

Nothing like a bad decision
Says who you are.
-Gin Blossoms, “Perfectly Still”

Unfortunately, the quickest way to get her off your back is one you’re not comfortable with. Other posters have expressed it eloquently.

Though I suppose you could say, You know, you’re right. I’m not ready now to hear what you’re saying, and your time and effort would be better served by working with someone else. I’ve noticed that ________ could use your advice. Insert the name of someone you know will hand her her head on a platter before she says three words to them.