"Rare" episodes of syndicated reruns?

Look at the character designs of the mutants male members of the M— I mean, Hellfire Club. They look kinda familiar. I call homage.

I think you’re wrong, Annie. That episode is “Earshot,” the student in question was Jonathan (later one of the Evil Nerd Trio), and I’ve seen it several times. They just didn’t air it until the end of the season.

I think we should focus on the character designs of the female members, with an eye towards persuading Famke Jaansen to don the Black Queen garb in X3.

Of course, that’s only because I’m a pervert.

Wouldn’t it be John Byrne trying to pass the idea off as his own? He and Claremont were co-plotters at that point, I believe, and JB would certainly be on point for character/costume design, if not wholly responsible. Tis the Marvel way.

File these under, “maybe it’s just me, but…”

One episode of the original Star Trek that I never can seem to catch is The trouble with tribbles. Arguably one of the most well known episodes, but I’ve never seen it in its entirety. I’ve seen every other episode at least three times, but not that one.

Also, the SNL episode with Joe Montana where he says, “I think I’ll go upstairs and masturbate.” I’ve heard about it from a number of different people, but never saw it.

The “Home” episode of the X-Files was about an investigation of a discovered dead newborn with massive genetic mutations (of unusual number and severity). It turned out that

the mother was having sex with all of her sons. Overall the episode was very disturbing, showing the characters with massive physical abnormalities, and acting in a very bestial way and using crude, but deadly, booby-traps to defend against any invaders to their homestead.

Naw. I bet what really happened is that Lorne took Uncle Miltie up on his bet, and lost, of course.

I remember this one. I wasn’t a football fan at the time, so I had only the vaguest idea of who Montana was. I recall it being the first time I ever heard the word “masturbate” on TV.

If “Plato’s Stepchildren” is the episode I think it is (“I’m tweedledee, he’s tweedleduml. Two spacemen dancing to a drum!”), and if you were talking about US television rather than the BBC, I would suspect that the bit of coerced interracial snuggling between Cap’n Kirk and Uhura might have been the difficulty. (Remember, Star Trek has been in re-runs for a LOOOOONG time.)

I recently ran across a Dudley Do-Right cartoon I’d never seen before. The Wikipedia article says “Stokey the Bear” had been pulled for years because the US Forestry Service was unhappy with a parody of Smokey the Bear setting forest fires.

Since this zombie has been resurrected, I’ll mention that this episode of Frasier was aired in syndication on Friday. So clearly not gone forever.

Back in the mid-1970s, I was a fanatical ST:TOS rerun watcher. For about two years, I watched every showing on the five-day schedule, meaning that I probably saw every ep about four times. In all that time, I saw the final episode, “Turnabout Intruder,” exactly once. I don’t know why.

We are slowly rewatching the better episodes on Netflix, and I am surprised/dismayed at how many of them I no longer recall at all. We’ve watched at least three that were new to me from beginning to end… very strange.

There was a Seinfeld episode where Elaine and her boyfriend misjudge other’s ethnicity (she thinks he is black, and he thinks Elaine may be Hispanic - in the end they are both disappointed to be dating white people)- I haven’t seen it since it was first run, and I watch Seinfeld reruns all the time. It was a somewhat controversial, but certainly not on the order of the Puerto Rican Day episode. I wonder if it was pulled from syndication too.

It’s a clip show, with the framing story shot in colour. Oh, and Santa Claus visits; the real one. There was also a Desilu Xmas special in '59, but has the gang playing themselves instead of their TV characters.

IIRC Archie was way more upset about losing the expensive tea set than he was over the lesbianism.

It definitely wasn’t. I’ve seen that episode a bunch of times in syndication.

Some channel ran a Lucy marathon round Christmastime and this episode was included.

The original Hawaii Five-O series has been packaged for syndication several times, but one episode that has never made the cut and which even today is not included in the otherwise complete DVD set is a 1970 episode called “Bored, She Hung Herself” [sic] which revolves around a woman whose unorthodox exercise technique results in her accidental suicide by auto-asphyxiation. Supposedly, after the show was aired, a viewer tried to duplicate the exercise and also died. The word “reportedly” is always attached to this last part, and I don’t think there’s ever been an official word on the story. But the fact remains that this is the only Five-O episode you can’t see officially.

Simpsons episodes in syndication are subject to airing limits, for some reason. This is why you tend to see newer episodes far more than older ones.

That’s because black and white episodes appear dated. The two biggest exceptions to this rule seem to be The Beverly Hillbillies and The Andy Griffith Show, because most fans consider themselves the funnier episodes. (The Andy Griffith Show has an excuse; Don Knotts is pretty much only in the B&W ones.)

Fox refused to air it because the original ending to “I Need a Jew” was, “Even though they killed my Lord, I need a Jew.” Adult Swim had the line changed to, “I don’t think they killed my Lord.”

Most syndicated shows don’t air their Christmas episodes out of season. For example, I have never seen the The Dick van Dyke Show episode “The Alan Brady Show Presents” aired at any other time.

Also keep in mind that the I Love Lucy Christmas episode was lost until 1989.

The Simpsons World Trade Center episode is now being shown in syndication in NYC.

I do think it’s a good thing. Nobody shold pretend the Towers never existed, and never forget what happened to them.

Yeah. I saw it a couple of months ago.

I’ve seen The Empath way too often in syndication - or the start, since I tend to turn it off. They were clearly out of budget that point and filmed it in a set which cost $2.98 to create.

Mannix started with the premise that Mannix was working for a “modern” detective agency which used computers (mainframes back then), and the conflict was with his old fashioned ways against the super modern IBM way. I think he started his own agency by Season 2, so people would get confused seeing the first season, I suppose.