Rate your own popularity on the Dope.

That was only once, dammit! :smiley:

I’m pretty sure plenty of Dopers know who I am. Ain’t voting, though.

1. Which probably isn’t true, I imagine a few people from the WoW guild here recognize me, but meh, I voted 0 and I’m sticking with it.

Little 'ole thread killer me!

Judging from some of the previous posts there are people here who don’t realise that they are popular with me!

And you are, unfortunately, the only one in this thread I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of. Sorry.

Since it seems everyone else underestimates, and the community itself is much larger than the numbers in the OP, I figure 40+ would recognize my name, even if they have no idea what I’ve posted, since I always fall under the radar. I just post a lot. I figure maybe 5 people remember anything about me.

Having a long name means it sticks out more easily, but I have no idea about a number. Don’t care, neither :slight_smile:

In that case, 20+, because I’m probably closer to that than to 10.

I recognize about 50% of the folks who have posted in this thread.

Frankly, I’d be embarrassed if there is anyone whose been steadily posted from before 2001 or so that I don’t recognize: it’d be like working with someone for a decade and then asking whose spouse they are at the company Christmas party.

I fly under most people’s radar, which is fine by me. Never been pitted, at least.

How the hell am I supposed to know who recognizes me or not?

Ooh… I do, I do!!! :smiley:

More seriously, there are only three or four usernames in here that I don’t recognize, so I’m starting to suspect that most of us are underestimating.

1 or 2 people probably know my name.

No - take that back. Maybe 9 or 10 because of last year’s Card exchanges.

I’m not popular here, but it doesn’t bother me. My part time job is closing threads.:wink:

And last time it was [thread=530717]“I don’t have any friends”[/thread] . Geez, we like you already, just accept it. :wink:

One person I know of knows my name. I’d be surprised if anyone else would recognize me or immediately connects my name with any other post that I’ve made.

I voted “a couple.” I’ve been here for a long time but I hardly post at all anymore (not that I was ever really prolific anyway) so there are probably only a couple people from way back when who would remember me. And if their memories are anything like mine, that’s stretching it. :slight_smile:

That’s sort of where I am…I have a feeling that a lot of people know my name … fewer, but quite a few, might even be able to pull a few facts together about me. But its length of service not memorable posting or an episode with a sheep that makes me recognizable.

I don’t know if popularity is the right word for me. Popularity in and of itself has never really been a life goal of mine and I have the Pit threads and personalized hate mail to prove it. I have also gotten lots of really nice board replies and e-mails from lots of different people as well. I put down 50+ but it is probably more.

Not for the first time on these forums, you have got straight to the heart of it.