Rate your own popularity on the Dope.

Maybe a couple, for a few days after I got into some idiotic political debates. Otherwise a rolling stone gathers no moss, and I don’t hang around enough in any consistent manner.

None, nada. I’m not a memorable person, and my only expertise is on veterinary/animal related issues, in which I am drowned out by other, more knowledgeable Dopers. Half of my posts are wisecracks and jokes that are so bad that people probably TRY to forget that I exist.

I never thought of it as a popularity contest, but my posts in the “Comments on Cecil’s Columns” forum seems to get more views than average.

This pretty much- though it’s an interesting feeling to be back at square one.

And I recognize you kidneyfailure, attack from the 3rd D, Antinor, Maiira slightly- you’re a cute young female in your 20s with red hair then yes- if not then no, you too cmyk.

Hal :slight_smile: One of my favs. though not for the sheep reason.

There have only been three posts in this thread so far who’s names aren’t immediately familiar to me, so I think you’re all underestimating your popularity. I tend to lurk more than I post, so I doubt many have made much of a note of my existence.

0 People know my name.

Shakes, not true, I recognize your screen name.

When we count, should we include the number of ignore lists we think we might be on, because that’s gonna significantly increase my number.

Definitely. :slight_smile:

I think most regular posters probably know who I am, but I think my “popularity” is decidedly mixed.

I have a personality quotient that barely rates on the scale (in real life and at the SDMB) but I have name recognition because I’m amongst the stayers who have been here the longest. It breaks even to fit the “some” level.

I’ve posted to a couple photo threads, although I assume you’re referring to the sticky in MPSIMS. Though you probably remember that I said I type with my nose. :smiley:

But yay, reputation!

Also, kidneyfailure, I remember you explaining your username in one o’ them “explain your username” threads. So don’t worry, I don’t think I’ll forget. :wink:

I said 20+

I think regular mafia players recognize my name. Beyond that, probably not much. I seem to kill enough threads that I know no one feels the need to respond to me.

I’m guessing that maybe 3 - 10 people are familiar enough with me to actually feel one way or another. I’m good with that, there are benefits to a high Q-factor I suppose, but there are also benefits to being relatively anonymous. People tend to hear what you’re saying more when they don’t assume they already know what you’re going to say.

Bigger than xash.

Oh wait, you said popularity, nor height…

:smiley:

There were 3 who said they knew me so I accurately predicted my appropriate section (just barely, though)

I hope you recognize me for something good and not for that “dogs wearing clothing” thread. That was not one of my finest hours.

I recognize you kidneyfailure. You’ll always be the guy whose kidneys failed several of his past girlfriends. :smiley:

I put one level up from anonymity. I had a brief moment in the sun in 2006 when I happened to be in Baghdad when the country goes to hell. Now I’m in Kabul and holding out hope for a return to glory.

It’s funny. Most of you who are saying that a couple or a few people might know you are some of the most popular posters here. So if you’re saying a few when it’s really many, then maybe my none should have been a couple. Although I seriously doubt people recognize my name, I just don’t post enough and I don’t post anything interesting.

I am curious who said All. I made it anonymous because you can’t win either way if people know who picked what. If you pick less than you should people will accuse you of false humility and if you pick too high people might think you’re conceited.

But there are definitely some people on this board who could pick All. Even more than one person in this thread.