Reagan Was Senile In 1988

It’s not true that ‘above all, he was an actor’. He was president of a large union in the 1950’s (the Screen Actor’s Guild). In 1964 he gave a speech for Barry Goldwater which is so legendary now it’s just called “The Speech”. Reagan wrote it himself, and he had been giving variants on it for years. He was a two-term governor of the largest state in the union, elected both times by landslides. Acting was probably the least of the things Reagan did, although it made him famous before he went into politics.

Reagan was an intellectual. He was class president, he studied economics in college, and he was a voracious reader and writer all his life.

Read this interview, and tell me that man is not a thinker. He’s every bit as wonkish as Al Gore when he wants to be.

It’s also interesting that he was far more Libertarian than even the conservative Republicans today.

It was indeed wrong.

Bolding mine. fessie, since he left office in 1989 and not 1988, the error is in the thread title inasmuch as the game is being used as evidence/proof for Reagan’s senility.

I can’t find it now, but (IIRC) Will durst said something concerning the 1994 letter in which Reagan announced he had Alzheimer’s:
“I suspect he wrote the letter in 1989 and forgot to mail it.”

Now that is funny. Would you believe there are people in my country (UK) who honestly believe Americans have no sense of humour? :smack:

That’s “humor” to you, Redcoat!

You’re right. Which is why we need to get GWB out of there as soon as possible…

Ava

Look at the politicians we elect, and the people we idolize, and then tell me we have no sense of humor!

I have to admit, though, that THIS American enjoys a lot of UK humor (books and TV shows).