Reasonable battery for solar kit to run laptop

I have a thread here

It seems the new question is ‘what is a good reasonable battery to store power?’

I’m interested in opinions on what battery I should purchase. I’ve decided I need a deep cycle battery. I’d like the cost of the battery to be less than $200. My goal is to work off grid for as long as possible before I have to plug into wall power. My hope is that I can get enough power from a solar kit that I can be self sufficient, (can also recharge when driving).

So, What suggestions can you give me for a battery?

Buy a new battery for your laptop. If possible a larger type.

my laptop is not serviceable like that, I can’t get an extra battery. It was my first choice, but upon inspection…nope. bummer

Do a Google or Amazon search for “notebook power banks” (and here is a review of these products). Some are available from the notebook manufacturers. I know Dell sells ones meant for its computers and the other brands may as well.

unfortunately, I’m not finding these suggestions terribly appropriate. I will need to charge them off of a solar panel, and it looks like the common practice with energy storage with a solar panel is using a lead acid deep cycle ‘car type’ battery.
My question is, what would be a good car type battery?

I will for sure explore those other suggestions, but would like to get opinions on the more standard 12 volt lead acid battery.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 876000 hours unless flagged)