Recipes with Grapefruit, please.

Y’know, I pointed out before he left the house that the grapefruits were actually cheaper at the second store he was going to. That did not stop him from buying them at both store. Now I got more grapefruits than a green grocer!

I realize I can substitute them for clementines in my clementine cake, or lemon in my lemon cupcakes, as they only call for zest. Shouldn’t be too hard.

But I was wondering if y’all have any creative uses for cooking with Grapefruits that I haven’t considered.

I dunno if this counts as “cooking” but fresh grapefruit juice and vodka is a drink from the Gods. It’s not the same with pre-squeezed grapefruit juice, it’s gotta be fresh.

You can make a wonderful salad with mixed greens, grapefruit and bleu cheese! But yeah, I agree with using them for the ultimate Greyhound (vodka plus grapefruit juice!)

I make a nice salad from grapefruit. It is a little tedious as you need to peal the fruit and then cut the segments out individually. Supreme the fruit

Slice a green apple really thin mix the citrus and apples with some vingarette and serve over greens.

Grapefruit Hollandaise sauce is wonderful with game fish.

3 room temp egg yolks
Zest of one grapefruit
Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
1/2 C olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste.

In a heatproof bowl set atop simmering water whisk the eggs, zest and juice until they’re creamy and fall in a steady stream.

Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk another minute or two to let cool slightly, then add about a tablespoon of the olive oil. Whisk until it’s incorporated then add the rest in a slow, steady stream until it reaches the desired thickness.

Serve with tuna, swordfish or similar.

Broiled Grapefruit is tasty and simple.

Half a GF, top each half with a bit of brown sugar (and maybe a dash of cinnamon), and then place under the broiler for about five minutes (or until the sugar is nice and caramel-ly).