I’m thinking of going in for a GPS solution for use in my car.
Here’s what I have:
- Palm Zire 72 / Treo 650 (both with Bluetooth)
- Laptop with Windows XP Pro (with Bluetooth)
- Budget of US$100 - US$300
- No sense of direction
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- GPS hardware with USB/bluetooth compatibility
- Maps for US cities
- Should work with Laptop and Palm (preferably over Bluetooth)
- Must give voice directions
I can’t seem to find anything that fits my needs and my budget. The Microsoft GPS bundle is great for US$120 but it isn’t compatible with Palm. TomTom Navigator 5 looks good but I can’t find the price.
What do you recommend ? What have you used ? Any features that are a must when buying a GPS solution ?