Registration Agreement

Can someone link me the registration agreement? Have been told to re-read. After several Cosmopolitans, can’t seem to find ATM. =(

Thanks!
BA

http://207.97.195.229/sdmb/showthread.php?t=247049

You will find much the same by clicking on “rules” directly beneath the thread title on this page.

Have I violated same? Lynn calls me a troll Don’t know what a troll is, to be frank. Sorry if I offended anyone, thought anything goes in this forum.

My apologies.
BA

Just found a definition of Troll! Voila! Don’t know if I’m that sophisticated, quite frankly. =D Anywho, will shutup.

BA

Might wanna check this one out too.

http://207.97.195.229/sdmb/showthread.php?t=127729

If anything, was trying for cynical, thought was pretty transparent. =D

BA

Well, it’s a little late to be telling you now, after you’ve already begun your only thirty-day guest membership, but perhaps the information will prevent someone else from jumping the gun:

You really would have been well-advised to lurk for a couple of weeks before beginning your guest membership. It would have afforded you an opportunity to watch and learn, given you a chance to pick up on certain idioms of this culture. There’s a very comprehensive collection of threads in a forum here called About This Message Board that can answer just about any question you could have regarding this community. One quite pertinent thread is FAQ - guidelines for posting at the SDMB. If you’ll proceed to post #13, you’ll learn something about what a troll is.

The mere fact that you have had the grace to offer an apology for your behavior suggests (to me, at least), that you may be a quick enough study to benefit from doing a bit of research on the community you have joined. It really is in our best interest to give you a good enough impression of the site to make you decide that ponying up $14.95 for a year is a good investment. At the same time, it is in your best interest to take heed of the slogan the home page attaches to the link for buying advertising here:

Whether you’re here representing the smartest and hippest, or the dipsticks is going to depend largely on what you make of your experience here.

Welcome to the SDMB.

Good grief, a cursory review of posts in this forum seem to be Troll-like, i.e. anti-Republican/Conservative. Any of them accused of Troll-like behavior?

BA

Well, there are a lot of people on the board with strong opinions. But from what I can tell, most of them aren’t posting just to get a reaction. Not that I’m saying you are, btw.

People here tend to be wary of new posters that post on controverisal subjects. New people don’t have a known posting history, so it can look like they are just trying to cause a fuss. Just relax and hang out some, it’s a cool board overall.

Trolling is disingenuously advocating a position just to rile people up. Those folks actually believe what they’re saying.

To wit:
Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat, ugly jerk! [Ranting, not trolling.]
Them Irish babies is gooood eatin’! [Trolling.]

Good heavens! Have we banned Swift?

I heard he had a sock.

Tom or Jonathan?

“I’ve been banned.”, said Tom dismissively.

My first thought was Boat. :dubious:

Heh, now I understand Hal Briston’s sig line. Thanks. :smiley:

Then Jonathan said,“Thank you for this award! I’d like to thank all the little people…”

Touche. Took me a minute, but touche. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but they appear to really mean the dumbass things they say.

My rule of thumb is
If you post dumbass things but aren’t a genuine dumbass then its trolling. If you actually are a dumbass and post dumbass things, that’s to be expected because you’re a dumbass.