Religious Facebook friends and not being a dick

I have absolutely no qualms about de-friending and I don’t quite understand all the angst.

Only a time or two have I actually been offended by somebody’s postings, but when it happened they were gone.
I had a few who would fill entire pages of my news feed with post after post of the most mundane and pointless stuff (I’ve got the Dope for that now!). You know those commercials with the “I’m sitting on the patio” guy? It was like that. Gone.
I had one who didn’t post often, but whenever she did it was all about nothing but the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Gone.
One started posting anti-health-care-bill crap 2 or 3 times a day. Gone.

Admittedly, my standards are arbitrary, but my point is that it’s just friggin’ Facebook. A harmless diversion that isn’t worth an ounce of stressing over. It’s your page and you get to control it, period.

Never once has anybody contacted me to ask why I de-friended them – if they even noticed.

Mr. Kobayashi, I really doubt you’ll be missing out on too much if you don’t get your friend’s “non-evangelical” posts. Cut her loose. I promise it doesn’t make you a dick.