Remember this [Wikipedia] SDMB game? Let's try it again!

Also four clicks! Although I think Voyager and Erik the Red are more closely related than latkes and Swiss Top 40 music.

Next up:

to

(at first I thought you meant the band Styx… that was really hard.)

to

to

Hm, how about

to

to

I wish I could have found a more clever chain, but at least it’s only four clicks:

I hope this one isn’t too tough, though it may be. Prove me wrong, children!

to

I didn’t have a chain in mind, though the slightly longer one I used went by way of the parables of Jesus and Samaritan (disambiguation).

to

That was a hard one!

In honor of the Buccaneers Ring of Honor induction, we’ll start with Lee Roy Selmon - Wikipedia, and since Veterans’ Day is on Wednesday in the US, end with M1 Garand - Wikipedia

Hmm… that took longer than I thought.

Here’s the next one:

Next:

to

Found a much shorter chain from Lee-Enfield to Atlantis.

Lee-Enfield>Greece>Santorini>Atlantis.

to

Got it!

I guess since this is a two part game, I’ll do the second part now. Go from milk thistle to Joe Mauer.

I picked these two based upon things on my desk. No wiki page for things on my desk, so don’t even try it!

Following the “things on my desk” theme:

to

Okay then…

to

That’s funny. My first thought was to go to Hawaii, too. I started clicking, but then I got distracted by actual work.

My desk is depressingly devoid of inspiration.

to

ETA - I had fewer links, but **Just Some Guy **got it faster! But I think the next person should go with Hydrofluoric to the Illiad. Unless you want to take on a two-fer.

I take strange comfort in the fact that my desk is apparently much cooler than Heart of Dorkness’s. :wink: