Remember this [Wikipedia] SDMB game? Let's try it again!

Okay, I’m a little fuzzy on the details; but basically, it involved being given a set of two widely disparate Wikipedia pages, and then seeing if you could get from one to the other following links in the pages only. (in as few moves as possible.) I’m pretty sure it’s not cool to work backwards from the endpoint.

Honestly, I’m more about the mere possibility of getting from the one to the other… like that time I started out researching Puritans, and wound up at the page for Siouxsie Sioux… but that’s another story.

Each person posts their path, and gives the next person their start and finish points. Did I forget anything?

I decided to go from “Stargate Universe” to “Mata Hari”:

And here is the next set: go from “Orbiting Frog Otolith” to “Sterno.”

hee hee hee!

I got there, but it took forever:

So do I get to pick two things to link now?

If so, then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syphilis

Good luck!

ETA: I got from Puritans to Siouxsie Sioux, but not in the way I imagined. I thought it would be simple to go from Pilgrims to Native Americans to Sioux, but I couldn’t get from Sioux (the tribe) to Siouxsie. I had to backtrack and go through England:

In other news, I have too much time on my hands.

Whew, that was harder than I thought. I went through a couple dead-ends with the NH senators.

Hmmm, I think I’ll go with:

and

Wow! I thought that would be a stumper for sure, and you did it in four clicks! Hmm, I did yours but I need a ruling. I’d never heard of Raga, so I clicked on the link to see what the heck it was. Does that count as working backwards? I generally think that is cheating, but what if we don’t even know what the word means? Perhaps it is allowable to look up the word in a source that’s not Wikipedia? At any rate, once I knew what it was, it was pretty straight forward:

How about:

and

That was a little weird. I picked “Ecclesiastical heraldry” because I thought it might mention herald angels which have horns. I did not expect it to reference license plates!

Now, let’s see one of you guys get from

Wilbur MacDonald

to

Romeo + Juliet

(If you figure out where I’m going in the first one, the rest is easy.)

Well, I looked and looked for something special about Mr. MacDonald, but I just couldn’t find it. What did I miss? Is he related to Baz Luhrmann or something?

My less elegant answer:

How about

to

?

to

The temptation to simply vandalize wiki to add turbo-hydramatic somewhere amusing on the trebuchet article was almost irresistible.

Anyway:

For mine:

to

I took a circuitous path, but I still got there:

Next:

to

Aiee, this was harder than I thought it would be.

Next:

to

It seems like this thing, even though called a crab, isn’t considered a true crab which made this kind of tough. (Wow, i wonder how that could be misconstrued if heard out of context.)

How about:

to

wipes brow

Okay, somebody try…

to

This was harder than I thought:

Here’s mine, for a Japanese theme:

to

How about:

to

to

Amusingly, someone has vandalized the fishing page to read as follows:

I’m impressed that the mind that produced the above could still figure out how to edit the wikipedia page.

For mine, how about:

to

You’ve got to love the Swiss’s taste in music!

Four clicks!

[noparse]List of number-one singles of the 1980s (Switzerland) - Wikipedia
Madonna - Wikipedia
Kabbalah - Wikipedia
Jewish cuisine - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latke[/noparse]

How about

to