Removed YouTube Channel Help

I deleted my youtube channel out of frustration with the internet a bit ago. It may have been a few months. I know they keep them for a bit. I don’t know how long. I had thousands of videos saved on there and about 500 channels I was subscribed to and I’m hoping that I could get it back but I’m not sure how. Anyone know if it’s possible?

You might try messing around your Google account settings, there used to be a place called Google “Takeout” to download all of your data. I did it once and it had my YouTube search history going back 12 years. Neat way to revisit all that old music I listened to.

If you remember the URL for your channel you can also try typing it into the WABAC machine on the Internet Archive. They may have archived the public-facing parts. https://web.archive.org

~Max

You might be able to get YouTube support to restore the channel - I’ve heard of this being done in cases where a channel was maliciously destroyed.
The chances of getting them to do that are probably approximately proportional to YT’s perception of the channel’s value - that is, whether the content was monetised and the view rates for the content.

You have to dig quite deep into the help and support pages to find a link to chat with an actual human, but it is possible to do that.