Rep. Jack Kingston of Georgia on Bill Maher: Jesus what a fucking dumbass

I just saw a replay of Maher’s show tonight. He had on Congressman Jack Kingston (R-GA), and during an argument in which Kingston kept denying global warming an falsely claiming that the science wasn’t “settled,” yet, Maher asked him if he believed in evolution. Kingston said, “I believe I came from God, not a monkey.” This led to another series of exchanges in which Kingston threw out several of the stupidest, most base-level creationist canards imaginable.

“I don’t believe something crawled out of the ocean and turned into a human.”

“Where’s the missing link? Where’s all the stuff that happened in between?”

“Theres a difference between adaptation and evolution.” [pssst…no there isn’t, moron].

D.L Hughly was also a guest on the show, and he also said he didn’t believe in evolution, so he’s a fucking dumbass too, but here’s the difference - D. L. Hughly is NOT A FUCKING MEMBER OF CONGRESS.
Don’t rational conservatives ever get sick of all these fucking dummies in their party? How can you stand having imbeciles like this represent you? Aren’t you embarrassed? I know you can find a few Democrats who believe stupid things (like that dude who thought that island was going to sink), but this kind of shit - global warming denial and denial of evolution - are pandemic to the Republican party and especially to the base. It’s this kind of thing more than anything else, the fucking half-wit, uneducated, religionist bozos and/or their pandering to the same in their base, which most turns me off of the Republican party and makes it all but impossible for me to be as independent as I’ve always registered.
How do thinking Republican voters get past shit like this? Doesn’t it bother you at all?

I don’t give a flying fuck about creationism or evolution but I will say that global warming isn’t as settled as you dumb fucks think it is and most of the black ladies in congress are dumber than our guys.

Any black women in particular? Or just all them colored bitches?

The majority of Republicans don’t believe in evolution. They can stand it because that sort of willful ignorance, that sort of living in a fantasy is what the Republicans on the whole are really all about. They are a bunch of dummies.

Is this a serious post? Because the username next to it describes exactly what I thought after I read it.

In case it is serious, I have some questions for you. All the black ladies in congress? Every single one of them? Do you even know who these ‘black ladies’ are? Who are ‘our guys’? Specifically, what do you mean by ‘our’? Which ‘guys’ belong to this vague ‘us’? Are you dumber than these mysterious ‘our guys’? You would have to be in order for the quoted statement to be true.

Well, he did say “most” of the black ladies, not all.

So that makes him mostly a racist, sexist asshole, not completely.
A bigger issue to me is the moving of the goalposts–these right-wing whackjobs began by denying that climate change was anything other than an Al Gore treehugger snowjob, then after a decade or three of tedious argument, it became “Okay, I accept the idea, now prove every little detail to me before I act on it,” and now it’s just “not as settled as you dumb fucks think, so I’m not going to act on it out of spite for how sure you dumb fucks are.” I mean, it could be settled only half as much as we dumb fucks think, and it would still be pretty dire, but as long as right-wing whackjobs get to judge how secure we dumb fucks are in judging it a settled issue is as long as they don’t want to associate themselves with our dumb fuck notions.

And if we lose the planet, or the respect of future generations, hey, that’s just the price you have to pay for keeping clear of dumb fucking ideas.

Tell the truth: you were high when you typed that, weren’t you. You wouldn’t catch Jack Kingston saying something like that, and he’s a fucking dumbass.

The above may be one of the greatest posts of its type in the history of this board. It takes a great talent indeed to express such utterly inane opinions on three such wildly differing topics, in a single sentence. Bravo, sir; I salute you.

**What the … !!! **leads the league in ignorance hat tricks.

Well, he just may have Dioized a Dio thread.

Witness the inherent racism of the modern Republican party. The OP has his answer.

I’m a Republican, and I found that post offensive. Therefore, since your conclusion was based on a single post, my post by itself clearly indicates that all Republicans are offended by racist comments. Mathematically, then, the Republican party has no opinion either way on racial matters. It’s simple math when you consider both posts–you can’t argue with algebra.

And I agree with El_Kabong. That post may well be the best of its kind; it’s a sort of idiotic brilliance. We should have it bronzed.

Yeah, there’s just the one racist Republican. BTW, have you ever heard of the Southern Strategy, or this great quote from Lee Atwater:

::wilts under the pressure::

All right, all right, you’re on to me! I’m a racist! ::sob!:: We’re ALL racists! Damn you for exposing our horrible secret!

Lee Atwater wasn’t a racist, Lee Atwater was a cynic. If blowing Jesse Jackson live onstage during the haltime show at the Superbowl would have assured Nixon’s election, he would have done it.

Please. The term is 'nappy headed hos".

Appalling, just appalling that this is the type of idiot we have here representing us in the US government.

Just what idiots elected this moron to office? I cannot believe it. It’s very sobering to know that such an abject moron can get elected.

I guess it’s a “free” country…but this?

This is how cunts like Jack Kingston get elected. The people that vote Republican are mostly stupid, angry bitches that don’t know how to think.

Y’know, “don’t be a jerk” is a pretty good rule to have, if we can only have one. But if we ever take a vote on having a second one, I’d like to nominate “Don’t be on ignorance’s side.”

:rolleyes:

Haven’t seen it yet, but it’s on my DVR. Sadly, acceptance of evolution (I hate to use the term “belief”) is ridiculously low among Americans in general, and Republicans in particular. The guy doesn’t even have to be embarrassed, since I’m sure the vast majority of his constituents agree with him.