Reporting agressive drivers - would you? Is it worth doing?

We recently acquired a cell phone and the first time both of us were out with it was yesterday. We were on our way to the bus stop to return home after running a couple of errands when a Boxter roared by, obviously driving dangerously and most likely speeding as well. I know we could have reported that but neither of us knew the number. After using Google today, I found a FAQ on the county website that says the code for the state police (#77) can be used to report agressive driving. If we had used #77 when we spotted the Boxter, would it have done any good? Would you have reported the driver?

The only time I have reported a driver was last year during the holidays. I was on the highway and there was a car in front of me that was driving erratically (basically not staying in the lane). I followed the car for at least five miles (basically because I didn’t want to risk passing) and saw that it wasn’t just a momentary thing. I decided to call it in. I have no idea if it made a difference or not but I felt better having had reported it.

I would only report drunks or hit-and-runs, otherwise it becomes a “his word against mine” and a waste of your time.