Republicans: candidate who assaulted reporter is fine with us!

… that is the most beautiful sentence I’ve read today. I really want to cut and paste it onto Facebook just to make steam come out of my mother’s ears.

But I’ll try to confine myself to open admiration here. DAMN.

Race over, Gianforte wins.

You must be very proud of your party right now. :slight_smile:

With 84% of precincts reporting, “The Hammer” leads with 7.2% of the vote. The Liberal candidate, Mark Wicks, has receive 5.8% of the vote.

I think Gianforte’s a better choice for Congress than Quist.

But no, “proud,” is not really an accurate description.

Wow, if Quist is worse than a short tempered white supremacist on Russia’s payroll, what is he, some kind of interdimensional horror in human form?

Worse. Much worse. He’s some kind of banjo playing hippie.

My relatives would feel at home in that state and I can see how beating up a reporter would actually be a positive for them.

The latest far left wing conspiracy theory:

Damn. I thought I was a fairly informed voter and I completely missed how the Dems allowed him to get the Republican nomination. Learn something new each day.

Huh? What about the other 87% of the vote?

Not really surprising. The state has a large absentee ballot population. They already mailed in their votes before this happened.

Now we see what the Legislature does about it, if anything.

Turn out for the Montana election was at 51 percent. Some good wrap up by the Billings Gazette.

A “mistake” is forgetting to carry the two on your budget calculation, or drinking one beer more than you ought to. Body-slamming a reporter for asking you questions you don’t want to answer is not a mistake. :mad: It’s especially not a mistake when the statement from your candidate blames the person you assaulted.

You do dont you!

Not that I was talking about it, but since you brought it up.

http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/

Why?

Looked at it from a Machiavellian perspective it’s better for the Dems. One seat in the house really won’t make that much difference(And I just doomed impeachment to fail by one vote ;))

But the show of incompetence, depravity, the Pubs are putting on the last 4 months is staggering in breadth. And now they have voluntarily added the “Strong on violent crime[sub]unless it’s a white guy[/sub]” hypocrisy bullet to the chamber.

As long as the Dems can avoid doing something as disgusting as nominating a Clinton again, with the demographic changes, old people dying,and new voters aging into the picture in this environment, they have a hell of an opportunity over the next couple decades.

The press, as a group, needs to hound this asshole 24/7 with tape recorders in his face every time he steps out in public.

I’ve got some bad news for you - in most countries (including the US) it’s higher than 20%. In some cases, a lot higher, and getting worse.

Apologies if the link is firewalled; it’s a recent Economist graph showing the “Share of respondents saying that having a strong leader, who does not have to bother with parliament and elections, is a good way to run their country”, comparing 1995-97 data with 2010-14 data. In virtually every country shown the percentage of people in favor of a strongman leader has increased (notable exceptions being Australia, Sweden, Pakistan and - weirdly - the Philippines). The US has gone from roughly 24% to roughly 32%, although it’s still way behind the undisputed leader Russia at around 75% (up from 50%).

There’s also a graph showing that the view is most prevalent in younger people, which is not a good sign.

I don’t know if I would vote for the Republican but I wouldn’t vote for the Democrat. And I would support prosecution for the assault rather than dismissing it as a “mistake” or “Montana Justice”.

Ah well. Maybe we could send Jeremy Clarkson to Montana to run for office next time. He’d be a shoo-in with his background.

Montanans deserve to lose their health insurance if they voted for this galoot.

This is both an unjust and counterproductive sentiment. Lots of Montanans voted for Quist – do they deserve to lose their health insurance?

If you watch a clip of it, when he apologized some hick in the audience yelled out “and we forgive you.” Really easy for a third party to forgive the attacker for the victim.