Reservation Dogs

1990s, actually – Bill Clinton’s visit was a major plot point in one episode.

That’s right it had to be 1990s, I was just thinking 1980s because of the house decor and such.

A great episode this week, tying lots of this season’s story elements together.

BTW, there is a brief mid-credits scene, guest-starring Windows 98.

Orla’s dance montage at the beginning was a bit strange. But it nicely set the tone of hope and peace coming with the vote.

I also loved Joe’s talk to Erin, about what would happen if there was peace: "it’ll be a ghost story you’ll tell to your wains one day, a ghost story they’ll hardly believe.” A subtle reminder that while older actors like Ian McElhinney and Liam Neeson lived through the Troubles, they were exactly that, a story, to the younger Irish cast members like Saoirse Monica Jackson and Jamie-Lee O’Donnell.

I enjoyed seeing Bill Burr as the DMV driving test examiner/Elora’s old basketball coach. Her potential as a hoops star brought to mind SuAnne Big Crow from Ian Frazier’s “On The Rez”.

So I sit down to watch the final episode only to find that Hulu released episode 9 again instead of the new episode.

…and they have fixed the problem.

I liked the ending, and I appreciate how they expanded the show to the whole community, but I still think the season 2 finale made for a better finale, given the original scope of the show.

Just watched the last episode–a fitting finish to a great show. I’m a little sad to say goodbye to the Dogs and all of the rest of the gang (but I can’t really say “goodbye”, because, you know, it’s like a colonial way of talking :wink:)

That was also in Smoke Signals, but it was the aunties who could only drive their NDN car in reverse.

Derry Girls is awesome! Though I really have to listen closely is use subtitles. Loved Liam Neeson’s appearance. Reservation Dogs, on the other hand, is the best series on television. Great strides for indigenous cast, crew, writers and directors. And they even find a place for White Steve.

Hard to believe this series hasn’t garnered more discussion. It’s great.