Response to "most muslims are peaceful": what's your opinion?

In post 11, I posed a question: what should a hypothetical muslim family in the US be doing to oppose violence, that they they are not already doing by simply living out their lives? Anyone want to step up to the plate here?

I have no doubt the majority of Muslims in the world are peaceful.

However the reason they do not speak out is they understand exactly what violence may be visited upon them if they do.

And, that is the problem.

Quite a few of them do speak out around the world, it just isn’t reported here. If there is a group or individual that concerns you, many of them have web pages and facebook pages.

The pro-lifers wrote and sang songs praising him and wore T-shirts supporting him, does that count? Or is this medium-specific and it’s only dancing that counts and not singing? It’s OK to bomb people and sing, just don’t dance.

Please don’t expect to be taken seriously. Ever.

Good grief, the ignorance in this thread.

Even in many terrorist-spawning areas, like Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, there aren’t many “terrorists” or “radical Islamists.” Syria has 22 million people, only 10,000 are part of ISIS. That’s 0.5% (I think).

Small pockets in places like Yemen, and mostly freedom fighters, not 9/11ers.

Muslims make up a mere 2.5% of terrorist attacks on US soil, according to the Washington Post.

The math is obvious, and all of this is easily findable.

There are 2.6 million Muslims in the US. If 25% of them were even advocating armed insurrection, there would be nonstop coverage on CNN. If even 10%. If even 1%. Boko Haram has 300 fighters, Nigeria has a Muslim population of 80 million.

Also, peaceful Muslim organizations are denouncing the violence in the world like, every five seconds. Again, a simple Google would show you that. Even in Gaza there are Palestinian leaders condemning Hamas.

Cite? (In Gaza, please. Not West Bank. And “leaders”, please, not an anonymous waiter some journalist met.).

Mahmoud Abbas?

I will repeat. “In Gaza, please. Not West Bank.” You claimed those “leaders” were in Gaza. Cite?

Could you give me a cite on how the president of Gaza, part of the coalition government formed by Hamas and Fatah (another terrorist organization), does not count as a leader of Gaza?

LOL. You don’t know much about the region, do you?

Question: when did Abbas last visit Gaza?

April. I think we’re done with this one.

Anyone else have objections to reality and math? Perhaps with the citation of a chain letter or Daily Mail link? More Heritage?

Wrong. Last time Abbas visited Gaza I cannot find but was some time before 2007. Because this happened: http://mepeace.org/video/hamas-members-execute-fatah

On the bright side, we now know that resentment of our foreign policy has nothing to do with terrorism. The percentages you cite are so tiny that “crazy” more than adequately explains them.

Logic ain’t your strong point, is it. (Old news, I know.)

Does terrorism happen because Muslims are angry at our foreign policies?

Why? Because I pointed out how wrong you were about the pro-lifers not celebrating Eric Rudolph?

Quite often, yes. And not just Muslim.

Of course! Dancing is a sin - haven’t you seen that movie Footloose?

such threads are always so convincing to me of the idea that there are not many americans on the right who have unreasoning bigotry against muslims.

The arguments sometimes are funny to me, they look exactly like the arguments of the salafine highlighting that american is at war everywhere in the world and bombs villages everywhere in the world, and has been since the second world war. the use of selectivity and twisted arguments are the same, of half truths.

Okay, so when Islamic terrorism happens, it’s because we made Muslims angry, correct?