Restaurants Cutting Off Customers Neckties with Scissors

I was in a bar once that had hundreds of bras stapled to the ceiling. Can’t remember where, and it was many years ago. Women slipped them off voluntarily, though.

I’m currently watching through Frasier on Netflix and saw this episode recently, so this is what I was thinking about when I opened the thread. But I had no idea it was based on anything from real life.

I haven’t been in years but it was at the Santee location. I went to their website and they have a restaurant in Lakeside so maybe they just moved.

A friend used to live just behind PP (in Santee)and we’d just walk down to get dinner. It was great.

Pinnacle Peak was immediately what I thought of when I saw the thread title. Used to live not far from the one in San Dimas and drove by it frequently. I only ate there once, though — I don’t recall the food being all that great.

I did not donate a tie.

I have not eaten there (the one that is – or was – in San Diego) since I was a kid; so late-'60s, probably. I thought it was very good. I can just remember the mesquite char flavour – and I remember the flames coming up from the grate. I liked the beans, too. Of course, in the single-digits I was still eating meat well-done, as my dad did.

There was a Pinnacle Peak just off the 22 when I worked down that way. Unfortunately, it didn’t open until 5:00 and I always wanted to get home. I never ate there.

[Off-topic]I had a knee-jerk “You mean ‘22’ without ‘the’” reaction. I have been in Maryland too long already.[/OT]

Grrr!, what these posts are referring to is that it should be rife, not “ripe”. Don’t worry, even the New York TImes gets it wrong sometimes.

There was a place in downtown Memphis, possibly close to Beale Street, that did this. We were permitted to remove ours before entering but they did have a nice display in their necktie graveyard. I’ve googled the name and can’t find mention of it now though.

Hogs and Heiffers in NYC? I think it was the inspiration for Coyote Ugly but could be very wrong about that.

The inspiration for Coyote Ugly was Coyote Ugly.

There was one in Ottawa in the 80’s and this was definitely true of it.

No, pretty sure it was in New Orleans, but a long time ago. I’d ask my gf, but I’ve been to the big easy with a few different women and it may predate her.