Resurrection of the watch poll

Nah, I don’t think there’s any way for them to be hip. They have this reputation for being worn by unhip people.

Of course, divers like them. Pilots like them too, but from what I’ve heard the ones who do it for a living tend to go with cheap digital watches. BTW: A “working watch” of this type should be stainless steel. No gold.

I used to wear a watch but then it broke. I am to lazy to buy another or even fix it (it still works for the most part). I don’t care for watches any longer. I prefer not to wear one at all.

Which do you like better?

The watch on the right is how mine looked when I bought it. The picture of watch on the left was made by cutting out the Oyster bracelet and pasting in a Jubilee bracelet from another watch. I bought the Jubilee bracelet (which was a pain in the posterior because Rolex won’t sell a bracelet unless you send them your old one – and if they didn’t offer the bracelet you want on the serial number of the watch you have, then they won’t sell you one at all – and I had to jump through some hoops to find a Dealer willing to procure one for me) and I put it on my watch.

Yesterday I returned it to its original configuration with the Oysterlock bracelet. This is exactly why I wanted to keep the old braclet – so that I could change back any time I like. On the one hand, I like the Jubilee bracelet. It’s pretty. On the other hand, the Oysterlock bracelet is more utilitarian and that appeals to me.

Even if you think the watch itself is ugly, which bracelet do you like better?