3. Hand
  4. Deniro
  5. Vending machine
  6. Brick
  7. Hot dog
  8. Rat
  9. Happy
  10. Soda

Yeah, well, seeing as how I answered “arcade” for #5, you think I’m watching a lot of recent movies?

Those answering “bitch” for #9 are the ones who have some questions to answer.

1. Soup
  2. Tome
  3. Armrest
  4. Clint Eastwood
  5. Laundromat
  6. Bricks
  7. Grape
  8. Spider
  9. Affectionate
  10. Lottery tickets

Indeed! As well as needing marriage counselling and sensitivity training, not to mention basic human decency?

Me too, and I thought Samuel L. Jackson(age 69) was the obvious answer for this. Dude is in a ton of movies, turns 70 in a month, and is mainly famous for being in a ton of movies.

1. peanut butter
  2. volume
  3. lap
  4. Kevin Bacon
  5. vending machine
  6. wallboard
  7. cookie
  8. frog
  9. loyal
  10. soda

Let’s run some numbers. Using the fifteen year time period I arbitrarily assumed above (and not counting short films, cameos or documentaries):

Samuel L. Jackson (age 69): 59 movies
Morgan Freeman (age 81): 46 movies
Bruce Willis (age 63): 45 movies
Robert De Niro (age 75): 39 movies
Donald Sutherland (age 83): 37 movies
Michael Caine (age 85): 32 movies
Anthony Hopkins (age 80): 27 movies
Patrick Stewart (age 78): 25 movies
Kevin Bacon (age 60): 21 movies
Ian McKellen (age 79): 20 movies
Robert Duvall (age 87): 19 movies
Harrison Ford (age 76): 15 movies
Clint Eastwood (age 88): 3 movies

Or, you know, we’re trying to win a game and bitch is the obvious answer.

Well, since we went through marriage counselling (which didn’t work), and I haven’t had a partner-relationship since our divorce, I fell back on how I felt prior to our divorce. I wasn’t sure what else to do with a question that presupposes I have a current partner.

Barkis, I cannot speak for anybody else, but I hope that explains my position, and answers your question.

spoons, that story does put a different light on it. Still shaking my head about people who would describe their current partner as a bitch, though–that word has become so negatively loaded that even dog breeders are using “dam” or “female dog” instead.

BTW I have to say that I thought that “Name a word you might use to describe a dog that could also describe your partner” meant to find a word that could mean both pet or partner.

1. Peanut butter
  2. Title
  3. Person
  4. Morgan Freeman
  5. Laundry
  6. Cement
  7. Grape
  8. Alligator
  9. Cute
  10. Lotto

It seems like there was a little confusion over “you” being us specifically or the more general you. Perhaps future questions could be worded a little more impersonally to avoid the shock of certain answers :wink: If the “bitch” answer gave the wrong impression, imagine if one of the questions was related to illegal or salacious activity…

That’s how the Feud works (both the SDMB Feud threads, and the Family Feud TV show): You’re supposed to try to guess the most popular answer, regardless of whether or not it applies to you personally.

I wouldn’t describe my wife as a bitch, get over yourself. I would however answer bitch to a question on the Feud if I thought it was a winning answer.

We’re up to 40 responses as of jackdavinci’s post, by my count.

1. Besides cheese, name something you eat crackers with. peanut butter
  2. Name another word for “book.” read
  3. Besides a pillow, name something you might rest your head on to go sleep. cushion
  4. Name an older actor who is in a lot of movies. Morgan Freeman
  5. Name a place where people might have to use coins. Laundromat
  6. Other than wood, name a material that might be used when building a house. brick
  7. Name something you eat that might roll away if you dropped it on the floor. M&Ms
  8. Name something you’d hate to find swimming around in your bathtub. rat
  9. Name a word you might use to describe a dog that could also describe your partner. Sweetie
  10. Besides gas, name something you might buy at a gas station. soda

Knowed Out - Read the Rules!!! I will not use your responses.

Still at 40.

I’m starting to remember why I stopped running these. Jeez.

The feuds are awesome (even if I’ve never won one), and I fully support your decision to not use his responses. Please don’t be discouraged by the ignorance, willful or otherwise, of some posters.