reward money from government

:eek::eek:DO THEY GENERALLY PAY REWARDS FOR POST OFFICE CRIMES AND IF SO IF THE PERSON OWES THE IRS AND GET DISABILITY PAYMENTS WILL THEY BE EFFECTED I NO THESE MONEYS COME FROM WASHINGTON DC AND IT’S GOVERNMENT MONEY ALSO I OWE BACK CHILDSUPPORT :smack: I NEED SOME ANSWERS LIKE FAST PLEASE HELP:eek:

Jeez, man, why are you yelling?

Let me get this straight. You know about a “post office” crime that has been committed? And you haven’t reported this to the police, because you want a reward? And you owe back taxes, and back child support? And you don’t want your reward going to your child that you haven’t been supporting?

Your failure to report this crime may make you an accessory to the crime. I am not a lawyer, but you know about a crime, and are concealing the facts, to get yourself paid.

Good luck.

and your shift key is broken.

I feel like I’m meeting the OP more than halfway on the question, but the Post Office can pay rewards for the arrest and conviction for various crimes. Who knows what he really means, but it seems like he wants some quick cash for dropping a tip on a possible crime. The rewards would be paid upon conviction, indicating that this isn’t a route to make some quick scratch. It can take a while to investigate, arrest, and prosecute someone.

http://about.usps.com/posters/pos296/welcome.htm

Also, the IRS can offer rewards to people who turn in someone who has been avoiding taxes. I’m not clear (shocking!) on whether it is the OP or someone else who is not paying their taxes.

Okay, I think this is what the OP meant to write:

Hello. Does the government offer rewards for turning in people who commit postal crimes?

I owe back taxes to the IRS and back child support. Will the government pay me the reward anyway or will it be applied to these debts?

I collect disability payments. Will the amount I receive be affected if I receive income from reward money?

My thanks to anyone who can provide me with prompt answers to these questions.