RFK Jr Files to Run for President

That would be the same Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. who’s an outspoken antivaxxer and complained that Anne Frank had a better chance against the Nazis than she would have against a vaccine mandate.

Kennedy joins Marianne Willaimson as alleged Democrats running against Joe Biden, who, IMHO is looking better and better.

I admired his uncle and father, but an anti-vaxer is a fruit cake.

From Camelot… to Connor Roy.

Doesn’t matter at all. Probably won’t get 1%.

It just been reported that Kennedy is undertaking this at the behest of Steve Bannon, though I don’t have a cite for this. Just heard it on the news. FWIW.

Looks legit:

Thanks.

I wonder who’s running scared. /s

Is there anyone left in the Kennedy political dynasty–in the House, Senate, governors?

Per the Kennedy Family wikipedia entry:

Didn’t see anyone holding an elected office since Joe Kennedy II lost his House seat in 2020.

The BBC has a list of possible candidates if Biden doesn’t run. RFK Jr. is second on their list. They refer to him as a long shot, and I tend to agree.

On general principle, all else being equal, I’d love to see another Kennedy in the White House, but certainly not this lunatic. In every large extended family there’s eventually someone who is totally off the rails, and this dangerous anti-vaxer is certainly an example of that. Imagine this moron being president at the height of the COVID pandemic.

Whereas for me, on general principle and all else being equal, I would be extremely unhappy to see another Kennedy in the White House. I’m not old enough to remember John or (really) Robert Sr., Ted never impressed me, and the family, or at least those who have political aspirations, seem to have devolved into a bunch of folks with severe entitlement problems.

But we certainly agree that RFK Jr. is not the guy to carry the standard forward. Sheesh.

I was barely more than a toddler but I do remember it, and much of the aftermath. The JFK era is remembered as “Camelot” because it was a true American renaissance. It was a period when Americans took pride in who they were, and others only aspired to it. As a young Canadian child inspired by JFK I thought we’d do well to join the US. Today I think we’d do well to build a giant wall (and hopefully get Trumpists to pay for it). I must sadly agree that there is no Kennedy – or indeed anyone else I can think of – that can inspire that kind of spirit today.

Here is an instructive contrast between then and now:

JFK:
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Trump:
President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today … My people came to me … They said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be.

JFK:
We choose to go to the Moon… We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win …"

Trump:
“And then I see the disinfectant [bleach] where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? So it’d be interesting to check that.” Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I’m not a doctor. But I’m, like, a person that has a good you-know-what.

That boy is tetched in the head.

You are too nice.

Does the Kennedy name still have any relevance to most Americans these days?

Sure, the elderly remember JFK fondly, Robert with respect, and Ted , well, less respect
And Jackie is only remembered for being Onassis and wealthy, not for being Kennedy and classy

The Kennedy name is still known, of course, and makes good clickbait, but I’d love to see some reliable data about this guy’s appeal. Has he ever appeared on a reality show, or on a talk show, and been invited back?

So just anybody can run as a democrat? He’s not fooling me!

It worked for Lyndon LaRouche.

Well, he was a pretty renowned heroin addict for a time. Some people may think that makes him ‘relatable’.

Just a thought.

Have no idea how Cheryl Hines can be married to this creep. She’s actually called him out/distanced herself from him on social media when he’s said some really stupid shit.

Now obviously I don’t know her nor do I know her personal beliefs, but she never struck me as a nutter. Don’t know how she can stay married to one.