Ridges on top of head?

That guy’s brain is trying to escape without him!

pool, I have exactly what you’re talking about. I can’t go bald. It looks like my brain is coming through my scalp.

Could burns make scarring like that? I knew of a baby who stuck his head in the oven and got burned on the top of his head.

Also, looks like he’s got some form of vitiglio.

I’m going to put on some Slim Whitman music now.

That’s…uh…different!

Do you think it would help the Georgia Department of Corrections if we emailed and pointed out that his eye-colour is brown? I can understand them not knowing what his hair colour is but I could help settle the question of the eye-colour.

Bump*

Perhaps a Doper with medical knowledge can weigh in on this.

I’ve seen ridges like that on an actor somewhere - not a completely obscure one. I want to say Forest Whitaker, but I don’t think it’s him - someone who looks a bit like him.

It looks like scarring to me. It could have been done purposely, like tongue splitting.
Sorry, that’s all I have.

Aha!

Cutis verticis gyrata

-google it, but be warned, there are some weird photos there - including one young person that looks like they’re wearing a brain as a hat.

You are the second person I’ve known to have this. The first being me.

I worked with a guy like that. He has a stubbly hair cut. He looks like a Shar Pei. I affects more than the top of his head.

Bump, indeed. Yikes.

Semi-apropos smiley: :confused:

Third - there are still earpiece-ridges in my head even though I got Lasix seven years ago.

Were you all wearing unusually tight glasses?

I’ve got ridges from glasses - they don’t have to be tight - just in place a long time.

I guess it must just depend on your skull. I’ve worn glasses full time since the age of five without getting ridges.

I have ear piece impressions in the soft tissue on the sides of my head, been wearing glasses for 30 years now. It startles folks when I take my glasses off. I get the “doesn’t that hurt?” looks.

From eMedicine [no pics, quite SFW]:

The ear piece seats at the skull ear junction. Run the ear pieces straight out to the rims. You compress the skin at the temple and get a crease. Somebody that has no wider point between the ear piece and rims won’t get it.

boyoboy. How could he get close enough to a kid to molest?

Tell him his a friendly alien like E.T.?

“Cutis verticis gyrata”… Hm, eeeeenteresting.

:: snorts beer out nose ::