Rioting, Murderous Mob Transformed By 8 Hour Bus Ride

Wait a minute. These people were searched before they were let into the Superdome? Then where the hell did over 600 weapons come from on the bus ride to Houston?

It’s your cite, man. Glad you realized some things just don’t add up.

Exactly. I find it hard to believe that anyone was searched for weapons in New Orleans.

Clearly you personally, in leaving your home to make your way through the poorest parts of a ruined city to seek shelter in the Superdome, would have chosen to leave your gun behind if you had one.

Or else, having brought it to the Superdome and being confronted with chaos and violence there that the authorities had failed to control for five days, would have such immense trust in these same authorities that you would have freely given up your gun when being placed in another similar shelter with many of the same people.

First of all, I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near the Superdome. (It’s kind of a rule of thumb of mine to do the opposite of whatever the crowd is doing.) Secondly, I thought everyone was searched for weapons in New Orleans. At least that what ZOE claimed above…granted, without any cite to support it. Besides, with the all the reports of shootings and murders and rapes in the Superdome, I don’t believe that anyone was searched for weapons.

You called them a murdering raping crowd. That was a lie. You called me a defender of child rapers. That was lie. You challenged people to put their money where their mouths were and offer lodging. I speculated that they just might come as far as my town, and wondered about the mechanics of hosting someone. You said

I think the milk of human kindness is starting to sour on you.

That link says nothing about a search for weapons, but I will grant that at one time it may have. So, let’s see, 600 weapons out of 15,000 refugees. Did it say they found one and only one per person? I doubt it, let’s say they did. At most, 4% of the refugees had a weapon. Certainly the percentage is smaller, but let’s use it anyway. You claim they were trying to sneak them in. What shoud they have done, handed them to the bus driver? They already had the weapons! If you patted me down right now you would find two knives, one of which is razor sharp with a 4 inch blade. I carry it wherever I go. How many if the “weapons” fit that description?

Find me a cite that 600 individuals had weapons, and beak that down by descriptions of the weapons, and then we’ll talk. A fucking Bic pen is a weapon if you know what to do with it.

Face it. You called the refugees in the Superdome a raping, murderous, rioting crowd. When asked for proof, you produced gems like this

Got it. Riots are horrible. Conditions inside the Dome had descended into horror. Ergo, they were rioting in the Superdome. It concerns me that you cannot see for yourself how pathetic this reasoning is.

How stupid are you? From the link:

*One police officer said security guards have seized more than 600 weapons while patting down people entering the stadium. Still, the place has air conditioning, and plenty of food and water for everybody. *

Reading for comprehension really isn’t your strong suit, huh?

Absolutely. If you’d been watching CNN on Sunday you could have seen for yourself the National Guard checkpoints at the Superdome. They had an interview with a grandmother who asked the reporter if he would hold her sewing scissors since she had just been informed that she couldn’t keep them. They showed footage of the contraband. They repeatedly explained that the long lines of people waiting in the increasing rain were because the guardsmen were searching everyone as they entered the dome.

So, now that the Astrodome is full, is its predicted destruction now in full swing? Can you point to any news articles showing the ongoing riots and vandalism by the refugees in Houston?

None at all, which basically proves my point. Disarming a dangerous crowd before letting them in makes it vastly easier to control the situation.

I have no idea just who was conducting the New Orleans weapons searches. A real bang-up job, huh?

Since many of the people evacuated from the Superdome site were never in the Superdome, this statement makes just as much sense as any of your statements. That is to say, none.

You’re right. I missed it. But I did grant it to you. I am beginning to see the power of your Kung Fu. Harp on about a totally meaningless point, and ignore everything else that shows you to be a self-centered, brain dead asshole. You know, you got me. “One police officer said” is some might big mojo.

Did you listen to the link? You just can’t stand it that a cot, a blanket, a coke, and some fruit turned this mob of rapists into exhausted, grateful Human Beings you sanctimonious prick. Your word are out there, run from them as you will.

Your lack of a cite speaks volumes.

Over 600 weapons is a “totally meaningless point?” I don’t think so. It proves that this crowd was even more dangerous than even I thought at first.

His point does not depend on the straw man argument that you are still trying to make. Once gain, the OP never mentioned weapons should not have been taken away, you did; and that still is not enough justification to deny helping them. Texas dealt with the situation more thoroughly it seems, and in the end they took and continue to help all the people there.

You are only now combining a straw man with a dead horse, and amazing feat, but you are still a jerk of a human being.

Where do you get your news from, numbskull? After the busses started running, I saw on both CBS and CNN and read in The Denver Post that the crowd at the Superdome increased by at least 10,000 people. They went there because that was where they had to go to get out of town. Your willful ignorance is not my problem.

You lying sack of shit!! Your point all along was that the CROWD was dangerous, not selected individuals. We pointed out that it was the work of the few, not the many. ** You** said

20,00 people, 5 days. Unbelievable deprivation. There’s shit on the walls, a tiny percentage are behaving miserably, it **was ** a riot, now it’s just a few troublemakers.

Fuck off.

Listen, you prick. I’ll try and explain this one more time. I’ve never said or even implied that nobody should be helped. What I did say was that it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Texas officials took a long, hard look at what happened at the Superdome and, as a result, made damn sure that nothing like it would happen to them. Hence, the weapons search. Hence, the confiscation of over 600 weapons. I agree with you that Texas “dealt with the situation more thoroughly,” and this is why we are not hearing about 12 rapes and 6 murders (or whichever it was) in the Astrodome. If I was in charge of the Astrodome I would’ve done exactly what I’ve been saying in this thread. The Houston officials obviously agree with me, otherwise why even bother to search for weapons in this crowd?

No, idiot. The fact that **I missed the quote ** was the meaningless point. It was meaningless because I granted the point. Go get your mom and have her read it to you.

Just remember: “…over 600 weapons” were confiscated. That’s at last count. Who knows what that number is now?

It sucks when the facts don’t agree with your “reality,” huh?

*Originally Posted by Steph Infection
I believe that nobody should be forced to take in a murdering, raping crowd under any circumstances! Where will they go after the Astrodome is destroyed? Fenway Park? Why don’t you put some of these ‘nice folks’ up in your place? Put your money where your mouth is, jackass.

What’s that old saying? “If you want to be loved, act lovable.”*
You can run from your words, but they will find you.