RIP Glenn Frey

Yeah, R.I.P. I think they get a bad rap. Incredible harmonies. Right band at the right time. Too young.

Fellow Detroiterand musical influence on millions of people of my and the surrounding generations. RA and colitis, what awful pains.

Rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

Autoimmune diseases suck. :frowning:

Well, crap! :frowning:

This one hits me hard. The Eagles, my all time favorite group. Incredible talent, incredible memories of their music. What a horrible year this is starting out to be.

There’s gonna be a heartache tonight.

Damn it man

Wow, this hits hard for a couple of reasons. I was a fan of Don and Glenn’s from back in the days when they were in Linda Ronstadt’s stage band and followed their careers both during and after the Eagles. I thought, if any of the Eagles was to go soon, it would be Joe Walsh, not Glenn.

Secondly, his demise was caused by almost the exact same bundle of illnesses that killed my dad. Dad developed stomach ulcers which led to an infection that progressed to pneumonia. His immune system was so compromised by years of RA that he wasn’t able to fight it at all and he was dead 3 weeks after being diagnosed. Autoimmune system diseases may not kill a person outright, but they will assist you in dying from any other disease that you get. They are insidious and awful.

One less star in the Southern sky. Dammit.

Once, on vacation, I stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. Nothing happened. RIP, Mr. Frye.

I saw The Eagles live 3 times over 20 years, most recently last year. Worth every penny. Take it easy, Glenn.

RIP, now there’s only one Beatle left.

Dammit! I’m starting to cry! One of my favorite bands for over 40 years. RIP, Mr.Frey. Fly high.

Damn. Possibly my favorite group from the period.

I have RA and a very compromised immune system. Guess I’ll start taking better care of myself.

Existing thread in Cafe Society:

Please do, samclem.

RIP Mr. Frye.

I sincerely hope that death will take a break for awhile now. Losing so many at once just makes it worse.

Take your threadshit and GTFO!

Please just report the posts you think need modding. I’m sorry if it was someone you liked, but I don’t see it as a big threadshit enough to mod. We also recently (in the last few years) decreed that talking badly about someone (of celebrity) status in their RIP thread is not something against the rules, so I don’t see anything that needs to be modded, terribly, other than your post, cochrane, which could cause a fight.
I’d suggest using the Pit if you’re really upset.

Noted. I disagree, but I won’t say anything more about it.

Man.

I have tequila left over from New Years’, plus orange juice and grenadine. So I’m raising a tequila sunrise to him.

WTF, man. Who’s next? Dylan? Springsteen?

ETA: Colitis? Seriously?