RIP Tony Curtis

Here’s the one and only Stony Curtis

That’s one of my favorite films. But my favorite Tony Curtis movie is The Great Race.

RIP Mr. Curtis. “So, until another day, Mr. Leslie!”

He’ll be missed. I’ll always appreciate him for Some Like It Hot, The Great Race, and Jamie Lee.

He’s dead?

<shrug>

Nobody’s Perfect.

Nicely done!

Ironic that I watched Operation Petticoat just a few days ago. I’ve just fired up Some Like It Hot (which I never cared for because I thought Marilyn gave a mediocre performance), but will segue into Sweet Smell of Success this afternoon and either Spartacus or Houdini this evening…

I love having these flicks at my finger tips with my AppleTV… :cool:

Match me, Sidney.

He did, as he always lit up the screen in every movie he made.

He was great as well in The Sweet Smell of Success.

He was not very good when he started. He was a pretty boy who filled pretty boy roles with no stress on acting. He did get better, but not really very good. In the right role he did well, like “Some Like it Hot and the Great Race”. I did not go see a movie because Curtis was in it.

He came to my teller’s window when I worked in a bank in Honolulu 20 years ago. He’d stood in line on a very busy day, and needed to make a transaction that was complicated back then by interstate regulations; and he was very gracious and patient about it all, and didn’t expect to be treated any different than anyone else.

I know that sounds like I’m prasing someone for simply not acting like a jerk, but he could easily have gone straight into the branch manager’s office and for the trade of a handshake and maybe a quick snapshot together been accomodated as he sat on the manager’s couch, and I’m sure he knew he could have done that, but he didn’t.

I knew what you meant. :wink:

I never saw any of his movies but I saw him in his TV serial The Persuaders and liked him in it.

They showed this near Christmas break when I was in school. I guess I was 8th or 9th grade. It was the best thing they ever did for an assembly. Even though I was a somewhat cynical teen, I still laughed and enjoyed myself. Great cast. I saw it again a few months ago on some expanded basic cable channel (TCM?), and they even left the {INTERMISSION} in. Still very funny.

“Heehee! Goodbye, you good Leslie you!”

Why was he always wearing a cowboy hat in his old age?

Now who will voice the character of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch?

:smiley:

Coz he was bald.

It would have been better if he gotten a wig/toupee

Wow, the only other person I know that has seen the Persuaders…

With the exception of “Sweet Smell of Success”, I thought Tony Curtis wasn’t the type of actor that could handle a serious role. When I saw him play the title role in “The Boston Strangler” I was really impressed and he turned in a fantastic performance. I believe he thought this was his best role. (see Caprese’s comment earlier in the thread.)
Rest In Peace Mr. Curtis.

I’m Spartacus!

Tony as Antoninus