RO: Judge Lanny Moriarty is an idiot

It depends for me. Did the principal follow the law because the risk of being caught was great, and the punishment of the school would hurt more people, or did he just blindly follow the law because it’s the law? If the former, I have sympathy. If the latter, I don’t.

Blindly following the law is not an excuse for immoral behavior.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of people are idiots. Nobody around here in real life knows what GED actually stands for. It’s commonly referred to as a “Good Enough Diploma.” Sick, sad world, my friend.

Yeah and… the lower your average daily attendance, the less funding you get. (Because education law in this country is lolz.) IOW, the school itself is going to be punished due to the exact same kind of idiocy.

What the fuck is her father doing with the money he’s making, if he works such crazy hours but can’t afford to feed his own fucking kids?

Except that once you have a four year degree, your high school status never comes up.

Why would you assume that working crazy hours => making lots of money ?

When I started my own business I worked 80 hour weeks initially and struggled to make payroll. I wasn’t taking a draw for a while.

Currently I’m working fewer hours each week than I ever have since graduating highschool in 76, and netting more than ever.

It doesn’t take “lots of money” to provide the fundamentals of life (like shelter and FOOD) for one’s own children. If you’re living in such a situation that you are making too much money to qualify for food stamps, working 80 hours a week, but can’t afford to feed your kids, I seriously question your priorities. Even at minimum wage, you’re grossing 30k a year with an 80-hour workweek.

Not “you” you, just you in general.

I saw an interview with this idiot judge on the news. He offered some weak excuse like, If I let her, then everyone will do it" explanation for his actions. This faptard of a judge doesn’t seem to realize the extend of this young ladies responsibility. She’s an example for everyone.

I wonder if he’s striving for a position on the Florida bench?

Yeah, we wouldnt want those kind of kids to get away with that. Skipping school, working two jobs to support the family, and still being an honor student. I’m sure slacker kids everywhere are just looking for an excuse to get away with that sorta shit.

The ironic thing is that the idiot judge original fined her a hundred bucks. She’s working to support her family, and he fines her.

I honestly can’t believe this Judge, what a flipping ignorant idiot, this story is unbelievable. Why don’t you get your head out of your ___ and see the real issue here. Maybe you should look into why this girl is having to support siblings instead of making her and example for “why not to miss school”! Something very wrong with this justice system the USA has here. Glad to hear that charges were dropped, now I hope you are dropped from the justice system altogether. Let’s make an example of you, “when to get rid of a pathetic so called judge”! That girl should be honoured for her extreme efforts…

Well that’s fine, and all, but what if she doesn’t get her degree? Supporting her siblings isn’t going to be any easier in college. Maybe they’ll be able to take care of themselves by then, but maybe they won’t. According to the links, her brother is older than her.

I laughed.