ROAD TRIP. Heh.

(bolding mine)

A tip for you, FWIW: As kids, my (younger) brother would get carsick EVERY. FREAKIN’. TRIP! Solved by putting him in the front seat. You tell me why and we’ll both know.

I’m leaving next Saturday myself. Sacramento to Port Orchard. It’s for a wedding and I’m not driving and my sister and I could not be more different. We don’t enjoy the same music and she would probably not like any of the podcasts I have saved.

I want to go on a long road trip. This one isn’t what I had in mind.

But I do plan to hike Multnomah Falls so that’s a positive and the scenery will be nice.

This is true, ever since my daughter had her concussion, she will sometimes get nauseous sitting in the back, but upfront, and the problem is usually solved. Enjoy your trip, it sounds like fun!

The best road trips do not involve the interstate, but instead take the rural highways. Have a great time.

I’d love to go on a long road trip. When I was a kid that was our vacation, to see Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, and all the other sights. I remember as a tweener seeing Devils Tower. We had lots of fun.

My mom and I have taken a couple of relatively short trips. A couple years ago we toured around Kansas, seeing all kinds of neat places. Took me back to my childhood when we went to a motel that had old fashioned keys, with number tags on them, like in the old days.

Two weeks ago, I borrowed my brother’s Vette, took the top out, and took a road trip up the Great River Road from St. Louis to The Quad Cities. It was a lovely drive and very relaxing. I came back the next day on the Missouri side of the River, leaning the Vette into the twists and turns on Highway 79. It was two days of solitude and fun.

Later this summer, the whole family will probably go from StL to Madison WI by minivan to visit my wife’s family. That will… not be enjoyable. :frowning:

The gorge is a fantastic place. Lots of natural beauty along with great roadside attractions like the Stonehenge replica, Herman The Sturgeon and the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum.

If you are a hiker at all, I highly recommend checking out Beacon Rock.

Fun!! And 3 weeks is a decent amount of time for a trip of that length.

Just got back from a weeklong trip to Vermont. Not really a pleasure trip (we were dealing with family stuff). My husband had to come back a few days before, so I did the drive back solo, and kinda enjoyed myself - I could stop when I wanted to (and not every hour because someone who shall remain nameless needed to use a bathroom). I could listen to what I wanted to.

We did a cross-country driving trip back in the 80s - from NC up to Seattle, then down the coast and back, and had a blast. We had a schedule, but we could change it when we wanted to. Took a month, all in all, and we stayed in a combinatoin of hotel (longest driving days), campgrounds, and friends’ couches.

You really find out how to get along when in a car for long periods of time. After basically living in a Mazda 626 for a month, we knew we could weather anything :).