Rob Somerville

If a starship could accelerate at 9.8 meters per second squared then its crew would experience artificial gravity equal to that normally experienced on Earth. How long would it take them to reach places like Jupiter, Pluto, the nearest star to the sun or the nearest galaxy to us given that they would have to decelerate from the half way point to maintain artificial gravity?

Would they have the speed of light to contend with as a barrier to this possibility?

Reported for forum change.

Sorry, I am just new here and I think I must have made a mistake but what does, “Reported for forum change.” mean?

No problem - and welcome to the board. You have just put your post in the wrong forum. I think it would be better suited to General Questions, so I informed the mods that it should be moved.

It would also be better to give your post a title more indicative of the subject.

Thanks for your help, NineToTheSky.

“It would also be better to give your post a title more indicative of the subject.” Will I be able to change the title?
Rob Somerville

The mod who moves it will likely change the title for you. It’s no big deal, welcome!

Just in case I reported that as well.

Reported for repetitive reporting.

I was tempted to report my own post, so that all these off-topic posts get removed when the thread is moved. Normally, I just report a post and don’t bother mentioning it to avoid those exact problems.

Thanks everybody. I’ve put it in the proper forum now myself.

Of course this might cause my question to appear twice in the General Questions forum but I’ll watch for that there and try to sort it.

And I see the OP started a new thread anyway, so reported for duplicate thread.

Just in case I reported this as well.

Welcome to the SDMB, rbrtsmrvll6. Looks like you’ve gotten plenty of advice already, and since you’re started a new thread in GQ I’ll just close this one.

twickster, for the SDMB