Robin Williams, is he creepy or what?

no offense phil, but your question is one that a young schmuck would ask…i mean really, go back and read it…of course he is acting, its his job. i’m happy he isnt so one dimensional, like vin diesel…

watching one of his films made me feel like I was in hell.

childlike + hairy = creepy, in my opinion

That would be What Dreams May Come, I hope.

And while it may not take genius to tell jokes that fast, it sure takes something now that he doesn’t do all that coke!

:smiley:

Anyone else see “Garp”? Robin Williams is both an excellent comedian and actor. And he has staying power.

The stand-up thing he did last year on HBO was a scream! When the apostles were asking which of them betrayed him? I thought I’d die laughing!

If the definition of “improv” is “run through three or four voices and say ‘fuck’ a lot” then no one matches his improvisational genius. Watch any three of his interviews back to back and you’ll be able to tick through his stuff. “Oh, he just did the faggy hairdresser voice, the boomy ‘ha-HA!’ must be next.” I’m not saying he isn’t a talented actor. I’ve enjoyed many of his performances including “Insomnia” (and Garp was a favorite movie for a while) but I don’t consider him a comedic genius.

I feel the same way about Jonathon Winters, except for the “I’ve enjoyed many of his performances” part.

My SO met the real Patch Adams once and the impression she got from him is that he’s a total asshole. Somehow, I don’t think an accurate portrayl would have made for good cinema. :slight_smile:

Hey, remember Popeye?

Death to Smoochy is on the top of my Robin Willams list right now. I like him in the warped rolls.

The REAL evil

On U.S. highway 101 northbound, a few miles south of San Francisco, California, there’s an adopt-a-highway sign (similar to many others throughout the state) proclaiming that trash pickup, beautification, etc., for that stretch of highway are paid for by “ROBIN WILLIAMS.”

That makes sense, he lives in Sausalito, which is just over the Golden Gate bridge from SF- through the rainbow tunnel which he used to refer to as an ethnic detector!

I’ve never been a Robin Williams fan. For the most part, I’ve just thought of him as “okay” and not all that clever. I can’t tell you the number of times I have heard him tell the same joke about seeing a man in tights that were so tight, he could tel what religion the guy was. Har har - it wasn’t that funny the first time, it sure as hell isn’t the fifth.

I just think his humor is simple and stupid. I don’t think his acting is that great, either. I don’t know - just personal taste.

Tibs.

But, Tiburon! If you don’t like Robin Williams, why’d you name yourself after a town near where he lives?