"Rockstar Games", you are all a bunch of f'ing cowards.

The 7th and 8th circuits have done exactly that, in American Amusement Machine Association v. Kendrick and Interactive Digital Software Association v. St. Louis County. Each of those cases were appealed to the SC, but they declined to hear them. So they agree with the principle, but you’re right, it would be nice if they took the case just to announce it themselves.

Oh Jesus. Kill all the Bruce_Daddys!!!

Ludovic, I meant I wasn’t equating smoking to playing a video game, but that this is starting out the same. One freedom lost here, one there, they add up. I thought that was pretty clear, but I’ve been wrong before.

Thas right Bruce do you have beeeeg cajones? If you want to fight this like men you have to have beeeeg cajones.

I, too, agree that the sky is falling. Never before has a company caved in to pressure in a minor way to satisfy a loud silly complaint, all the while revelling in the publicity and profits the loud silly complaints garner for them.

What next? Will Bloomberg insist that what they’ve done isn’t good enough and continue talking about them, thereby keeping their product in the news and thereby getting it more free publicity? Armageddon, here we come!

Daniel

Go get reinforcements from the cafe!

I’ll stop now.

I think Mayor Bloomberg should take responsibility for his own emotional well-being and comfort.

I think Bloomberg is a fucking tool who needs to go crawl under a rock somewhere.

At least for the PC version, I assume an unofficial patch will come out to put it the original dialogue back in.

Which gives me an idea; how about replacing all the dialogue with patches? “Kill all the Haitians!” becomes “Kill all the Haitians! And that donkey-fucker Mayor Bloomberg! And those stupid cunts who have no concept of context!”

Shit, I gotta go run out and buy this before the adulterated versions start appearing on shelves! Dammit!

You might as well say this all started back when we made duels to the death illegal. It would make about as much sense.

“Future Versions”?

Pardon me for asking, but haven’t they pretty much made a version of VC for nearly every system avialable at this point? Seems like they closing the barn doors when the cows have neatly taken a few steps outside.

Are future ‘printings’ (not versions) subject to this restriction?

I never asked your sister out!

This sure-as-shit isn’t going to help.

I really, really, hate being put in a position where I’m obliged to side with a murdering little bastard on anything, but I can’t find fault with his assessment of the GTA aspect of his ugly case:

I’m on side with Mishne as far as the whole “rotting” thing goes, though.