Rome 07/01/28 (spoilers)

[QUOTE=DigitalC]
Im gonna have to disagree, i laughed more at this episode than i have at the last few.
[/QUOTE]

And let’s not forget the scene with the 3 women getting high. That’s good stuff!
That’s a pretty wasteful way to smoke it, though. Maybe when you’re filthy rich it doesn’t matter…

[QUOTE=Lissa]
The “real” Servilia would have turned her her servants and said: “Have this boy killed and find me another assasin.” It’s not as though cut-throats were in short supply, after all.
[/QUOTE]

She pragmatic. He’s very close to getting her killed and she knows it. The kid’s shelf like after the deed is done can be measured in nanoseconds. You just know he’ll try blackmail next.

[QUOTE=John Mace]
And let’s not forget the scene with the 3 women getting high. That’s good stuff!
That’s a pretty wasteful way to smoke it, though. Maybe when you’re filthy rich it doesn’t matter…
[/QUOTE]

Atia was croo-elll in that scene.

“Enough with bringing tradesmen’s daughters into the house. Let it stop before you get to actors or gladiators.”

(all quotes are approximate)

[QUOTE=John Mace]
And let’s not forget the scene with the 3 women getting high. That’s good stuff!
That’s a pretty wasteful way to smoke it, though. Maybe when you’re filthy rich it doesn’t matter…
[/QUOTE]

Did they have rolling papers back then?

I actually thought that scene was a little too “See! The more things change the more they stay the same.”

I really didn’t care for this episode. They spent the first couple of episodes setting up a new situation for Pullo and Vorenus and then destroyed it in this episode so why did they bother setting all that stuff up to just have it destroyed basically offscreen.

The stuff with the assassin was silly. It takes this guy three more months, after hitting Servila up for more money, to get in good with the cook in order to poison the stew? He’s the shittiest assassin ever.

[QUOTE=hajario]
She pragmatic. He’s very close to getting her killed and she knows it. The kid’s shelf like after the deed is done can be measured in nanoseconds. You just know he’ll try blackmail next.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, she played it perfectly. Of course it’s safe to say they can both kiss their asses goodbye.

[QUOTE=Push You Down]

The stuff with the assassin was silly. It takes this guy three more months, after hitting Servila up for more money, to get in good with the cook in order to poison the stew? He’s the shittiest assassin ever.
[/QUOTE]

It was taking that long because he had to poison Atia without harming Octavia, or i assume anybody else.

[QUOTE=Trunk]
Someone push Fattia away from the table. No wonder she’s gotten so big. . .
[/QUOTE]
You know, I was going to mention that maybe the lack of naked females so far might be in part due to the actress playing Atia putting on weight. That said, “Fattia” is going too far.

So was Brutus in the water the scene that people where thinking was Jesus before the season started?

[QUOTE=DigitalC]
It was taking that long because he had to poison Atia without harming Octavia, or i assume anybody else.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. She was finally eating alone. Servilia made it clear that Octavia was not to be harmed. The assassin even told her that he could have done it a while ago if he the “other cunny” could die too.

Yes.

I think it might be hard to find another assassin. The boy is very well entrenched in Atia’s household. It takes time to network into something like that plus, as Digital said, he isn’t allowed to harm Octavia in the process. It’s a matter of opportunity, and you just have to wait until it arises. The only problem I have with it is that 12-year-old boys seldom have that kind of patience. Maybe things were different then. […shrug…] (He didn’t look 12 to me, by the way. More like 16-18.)

[QUOTE=Push You Down]
I actually thought that scene was a little too “See! The more things change the more they stay the same.”
[/QUOTE]

I thought that too, especially the language of the girl. but I imagine there’s some truth to it.

Was Cicero heading to help Octavian? (“Caesar as was” - love that line for some reason) Or just getting out of dodge?

[QUOTE=hajario]
Exactly. She was finally eating alone. Servilia made it clear that Octavia was not to be harmed. The assassin even told her that he could have done it a while ago if he the “other cunny” could die too.

[/QUOTE]

…I still call, shittiest assassin ever.

This is the first time Atia is dining alone in 3 months?
Did they say it had to poison?

[QUOTE=Push You Down]
…I still call, shittiest assassin ever.

This is the first time Atia is dining alone in 3 months?

[/QUOTE]

The other slave girl told him he was not even allowed to be in the kitchen, im sure he just never had a good opportunity before.

I think the assassin just took the opportunity to get laid a bit before fulfilling his contract. :smiley:

[QUOTE=hajario]
Yes.
[/QUOTE]
I’m surprised that no one recognized Brutus. He looked different with the beard, but not that different.

[QUOTE=Malodorous]
Yea, Cicero owes that guy.
[/QUOTE]

…a fancy funeral? :dubious:

[QUOTE=Liberal]
I think it might be hard to find another assassin. The boy is very well entrenched in Atia’s household. It takes time to network into something like that plus, as Digital said, he isn’t allowed to harm Octavia in the process. It’s a matter of opportunity, and you just have to wait until it arises. The only problem I have with it is that 12-year-old boys seldom have that kind of patience. Maybe things were different then. […shrug…] (He didn’t look 12 to me, by the way. More like 16-18.)
[/QUOTE]

The 12-year-old boy was someone else-- he was the son of the bearded guy who asked Vorenus if he could take revenge against the the guy who paid the boy for a blow job.

[QUOTE=RogueRacer]
I’m surprised that no one recognized Brutus. He looked different with the beard, but not that different.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. We had already seen him like that earlier, and his voice is pretty distinctive. I did not recognize him in the previews when they showed that scene very quickly, though.

Besides the lack of hetero-sex and female nakedness, there was indeed a lot of man-sex and a lot of male nakedness in this episode.

[QUOTE=John Mace]
The 12-year-old boy was someone else-- he was the son of the bearded guy who asked Vorenus if he could take revenge against the the guy who paid the boy for a blow job.
[/QUOTE]
God, I keep screwing up things about this show. I’m sorry for that. I may not understand every part of it, but I enjoy it very much. I appreciate its amazing quality.

[QUOTE=Liberal]
God, I keep screwing up things about this show. I’m sorry for that. I may not understand every part of it, but I enjoy it very much. I appreciate its amazing quality.
[/QUOTE]

I often have the same problem for shows that come on later in the evening-- when the wine bottle is almost empty. :slight_smile: Did you watch last season? If not, rent the DVDs. It was phenomenal. I’ve watched the whole thing thru at least twice, and kept picking up important things I’d missed the first time. It took me quite a few episodes before I could keep all the characters straight.

What’s the deal with the two Jewish brothers? They appeared breifly in this episode and the last one but they don’t seem to be doing anything.