Rotten! 17 of the worst lines in the new Transformers movie

“I’m literally going to kill you.” – Cade Yaeger (Mark Wahlberg)

“That’s a bad idea — but I’m all about bad ideas.” – Hound (John Goodman)

“What kind of cars are those? They’re so scary!” – Lucas Flannery (T.J. Miller)

“I’m Galvatron!” – Galvatron (Frank Welker)

“This one’s for you, A-hole!” – Crosshairs (John DiMaggio)

“Take out your guns and shoot them!” – James Savoy (Titus Welliver)

“There’s a missile in the living room!” – Tessa Yeager (Nicola Peltz)

“When I find out who’s behind this, he’s going to die.” – Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen)

“My face is my warrant.” – James Savoy

“Take that, *****! You’re dead!” – Hound

“Human freedom is at stake.” – Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer)

“We’re retrieving the seed — then we’re done defending the humans.” – Optimus Prime

“Prime’s taken my trophy case, and he will feel my wrath!” – Lockdown (Mark Ryan)

“Autobots, we’re going to prove who we are, and why we’re here.” – Optimus Prime

“These alien guns kick ass!” – Cade Yaeger

“Come and get some! You’re all going to die!” – Hound

“Whenever you look to the stars, think of one of them as my soul.” – Optimus Prime

I don’t know, I kind of enjoy some of those. The ones attributed to Optimus Prime are pretty lame, I’ll grant that.

My face is my warrant = My post is my cite. Proof Hollywood is raiding the SDMB for ideas.

Yikes. I wasn’t going to see this movie anyway, but you have reinforced my resolution to stay home.

“Directed by Michael Bay”

I find it hilarious that the only reason I know this guy’s name, and the only thing I know about him, is that a lot of people on SDMB think he sucks. I don’t think I have heard his name or read it outside of this board. His filmography reveals that I have seen only one of his movies, Pearl Harbor, which did, IMO, suck. :smiley:

You’re welcome.

Those are the only two bad lines in this whole list. The rest seems to contextual and/or don’t seem too bad.

There’s legitimate reasons to hate Bay’s movies, there’s no reason to get nitpicky.

Cliche, but that doesn’t sound so bad.

I gotta wonder what you were expecting from a movie based on kid’s toys?

Oh, I dunno…the Toy Story movies did all right for themselves…

This is pretty much the perfect Lockdown line. I haven’t seen AoE, so I’m not sure whether they maintain it for the movie-verse Lockdown - but it sums his two previous incarnations primary obsession pretty well.