RPG Campaigns

Any Dopers up for a play-by-email roleplaying game? I’ve got a pretty good idea for a setup in the World Of Darkness (from White Wolf), and all I need is some vict^H^H^H^H players.

For that matter, anyone know of a St. Louis area gaming group that needs another member? My last group dissolved when the GM moved away, so it’s been a while since I’ve had my gaming fix.

I’m not a warlock. I’m a witch with a Y chromosome.

Damn!

I was hoping for Rocket Propelled Grenade Games.

Kalél
(The Original EnigmaOne)
Common ¢ for all ages.

Sounds cool, Aura. Would this be friendly to players who are new to the WoD system?

Sure! The way I’d like to run the game, I’ll be taking care of all the mechanics-- all the dice rolls and whatnot. Even if I’m the only one who has read the rules, it should be pretty easy to get everyone into the game.

If you’re friendly to us newbies, sounds cool to me…

Okay, let’s try this. Anyone who’s interested, email me at auraseer@yahoo.com and we’ll try to get things going.

Hey! Never played in the WoD setting before, so I know nothing about the rules. But I’d play if it is newbie friendly…

~makphisto

Hmm, I guess the mailto link didn’t come out right. The post above should have said, email me at auraseer@yahoo.com

sounds great - I run and play in WoD 2 days a week, so I’m in.
I just don’t do Fay or Changling or what ever the hell that F-UCKED up game is called.

E-Mail me and let me know what you want Kindred, lupine, mage, Mummy, or the ever so rare…HUMAN. :slight_smile:

P.S. read my sig. 100% true if you can put up with a dyslexic who types faster than he should, Give me a yell.

Bad spellers of the world… UNTIE

sounds great - I run and play in WoD 2 days a week, so I’m in.
I just don’t do Fay or Changling or what ever the hell that F-UCKED up game is called.

E-Mail me and let me know what you want Kindred, lupine, mage, Mummy, or the ever so rare…HUMAN. :slight_smile:

P.S. read my sig. 100% true if you can put up with a dyslexic who types faster than he should, Give me a yell.

Wow my first double post…I’m all…gosh I feel like one of the guys now :slight_smile:

Where can a fella find a description of the World of Darkness setting that won’t give too much away? I’d want to know what sort of campaign I was entering before I committed to anything.

Mind you, I’ve never done PBEM, or even PBM. All my gaming has been face to face, or over a chat connection (such as WebRPG).

Da Cap’n
Can’t get a date, so it’s back to gaming for me!

The World of Darkness is basically an “alternate Earth” setting; it’s exactly like our own world, except for the differences. (Isn’t that profound?)

The first big difference is that the WoD is, well, darker. Take everything bad about our world (crime, pollution, corruption) and increase it by a few percent; take everything good (freedom, tolerance, concern for one’s fellow man) and decrease it just a little. This is the basic setting.

The second big difference is that supernatural creatures exist. Werewolves, vampires, and many other creatures are real. Humanity as a whole is completely ignorant of this fact, but the player characters know the truth, because they are supernatural creatures.
So far I have received email from six interested Dopers. Counting those who responded on this thread, that makes eleven potential players. I’ll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else is interested; then sometime this weekend, I’ll send out an email with a more detailed description of how I’d like things to work.

I’m not a warlock. I’m a witch with a Y chromosome.

Hey… stop ignoring Wraith :wink:

Guess which system I play

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

Just a quick update: I haven’t forgotten about the campaign, but my job has been taking up most of my time this week. I expect to have general game info ready before the weekend.

FYI, I’ve heard from ten potential players so far. If anyone else is interested, drop me a line to get in on the ground floor.

Of course I don’t fit in; I’m part of a better puzzle.

The World of Darkness is a high school.

Mages are the academic nerds.
Fairies are the drama club.
Garou are the jocks.
Vampires are the snobby rich kids,
and the Wraith is the kid who kills himself in the middle of the school year.
:slight_smile:

My email account is temporarily hosed; it’s expected to be back online within a day or two.

The forces of Coincidence apparently do not want this campaign to start this week…

Aura, I’m one of those weekday-only dopers, as I only get the net at work. Will this be a problem? If you send something tonight I won’t see it until Tuesday.