Rules for posting about a Kickstarter

I’m preparing a Kickstarter to raise money for a creative project (in this case, a comic book/graphic novel). Can I post about it, and would there be any limitations? Thank you.

I’m not the expert on this, but will those that contribute be receiving something in return eventually?

If so, a Marketplace thread might be the answer. But please wait on @engineer_comp_geek or @Chronos for further instructions.

Yes, in general Kickstarter contributions are not donations, but rather early purchases, reservations, or similar.

Presumably in Marketplace (and only there) I can link to the actual Kickstarter campaign. What are the limitations in Cafe Society? Can I link to the Marketplace thread? Can make a thread about my project at all? Thanks.

Any new info? Thanks again for considering.

@engineer_comp_geek has been missing the last few days I think, so I’ll nudge him and @Chronos again.

You’ve had some threads about books you wrote I believe, so my guess is best practice would be have the kickstarter thread in Marketplace and maybe bump 1 or 2 of your publishing threads with links to the marketplace thread. Also once the marketplace thread is started, link back to it here also.

But please give it another day or two, as I’m really unsure of the procedure to follow here and will be learning with you.

Yes - in the past, IIRC, I could post direct links to my book sales websites in Marketplace, and I could post in CS about the book with a link to the Marketplace thread (but not the sales website). I just wanted to make sure there were no different roles for Kickstarter. Thanks.

Honestly, I’m not entirely sure how the Marketplace works, now that membership isn’t really a thing.

Okay, I’ll assume that the rules are the same as they were for my books. I’ll post a thread in Marketplace with the direct link to the Kickstarter, and I’ll post a thread in CS for discussion, with a link to the Marketplace thread but no direct link to the Kickstarter.

Thanks.

Does anyone check marketplace? I haven’t opened it in years.

Very very rarely. Only if i happen to see a new post in the ‘latest’ column.