Rupert Murdoch engaged to Mick Jagger's exGF/babymama Jerry Hall

I believe it was her Mick Jagger was referring to when he said, “It’s like talking to an open window.” And he was still with her at the time.

I wonder what Jagger and Murdock have in common. Let me think … think … ooh the strain is hurting my brain … think think … :smiley:

Wrinkles?

He had four kids with her over 15 or so years. I don’t recall him slamming her like that.

Another way of saying it, “Jerry Hall’s Settlement Runs Out”.

I guess from his point of view, this is some real Fox News.

Bryan Gumbel said it about her, but didn’t use open.

Ah. Thanks for fixing my memory. Mick did fake marry her, though. She should make sure when she marries Rupert it’s for real.

Very odd pairing, not because Jerry Hall looks good, she ugly in my view but still far younger than Murdoch. If they are truly in love, than good for them and I wish them both the best. But I hope it’s not because of money, seriously Hall should have money by now, not to mention it’s just pathetic always marrying for money.

I don’t think I’ve seen her since she was on Letterman in the early 90s, but “highly intelligent” is not how she came across back then.

Jerry Hall graduated from a high school near mine, and we saw a lot of publicity about her, particularly when she started dating Mick Jagger. She seemed very genuinely nice in interviews, but also dumb as a post.

As for the speedy engagement, Jesus - the guy can’t have that much life left in him, I’d move fast too.

I guess Murdoch is past his “Asian fetish” phase and going for a dose of good ol’ Texas blondes. Good on ya mate. No more Sheila’s for you.

I saw her on a hereditary show called ‘Who Do You Think You Are’. Un-be-liev-able.

No one home at all.

Other than minor acting roles, I don’t believe I have heard her talking, so assumed she had something going for her by lasting with Jagger so long. Per you and others, apparently I am quite wrong. If you have a link to that show - is it on a website somewhere?

Maybe winged monkeys will fly out of my butt and use their magic laser eyes to foil the Dalek invasion, but I don’t think that’s very likely either.

Here she is in 2013 in a Melbourne radio interview. She sounds less airy than I remember from her Letterman interviews and, damn, she looks good for a woman her age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

You can see radio interviews now? What a fantastic world we live in! I love the Future.

Hey, that marriage was well within the “quarter of your age plus seven” rule.
Well, just within.