Rush Limbaugh IS a big, fat liar!*

Special treatment for celebrities. Ain’t it nice?

Rush apparently lives in the same generel hood as does my mother, a sociopathic drug counselor whom I stongly suspect would be entirely willing to tailor a person’s rehabilitation scedule to be perfectly in tune with his level of income. Virtually anyone will tell you thirty days is just the tip of the iceberg for an opiate addiction.

She ain’t the only one out there. Rush may be off the waves for awhile, particularly if he somehow manages to fall under the same law enforcement system to which the rest of Florida is subject.

The key thing to watch is how the guy uses his money and political connections to weasel out of his potential trouble, justify it in terms of public service, and then ditch that commitment. Rush will quickly discover that the key to feeding the monkey is to dabble in harder, more dangerous drugs. That’s because as a result of the drug war which the policies of the people he has unfailingly championed for a decade and a half (but strangely enough, not the policies themselves), he will be able to obtain far stronger and more effective drugs for his supposed back problem for a far cheaper price than his current addiction allows.

I’m calling it now: Rush gets photographed in the same car with Robert Downey, Jr. within the next five years.

Sofa King, did you just call your mother a sociopath? :confused:

I don’t get why everybody’s calling Rush a hypocrite. He’s never suggested that rehabilitation and forgiveness should not be available to rich white men.

On what occasion did he say that it shouldn’t be available to poor men of color?

I wonder, did he make his ‘drug users should go to jail’ statements before or after his previous rehab incidents?

Rush’s guts clench as he tries for the 150th time to vomit up the nonexistent ‘substance’ that is making him sick.

The nurse looks into his glassy eyes and tortured expression, “Are you OK, Rush?”

“I’m… BWAAA UNGH taking personal responsibility…”

He still doesn’t get that he’s done for as a “normal” person, does he? Every trip to the dentist from here on out will be a negotiation with his inner demons, and the dentist.

Rush, done for as a “normal” person??? you gotta be kidding.

I like how the unwashed masses are demonized as users, abusers, and pushers of “DRUGS!”, but poor little Rush is merely under the hold of a “medication”. Hmmmm.

Well, yes, I was “kidding.” I’m saying that Rush is a serious junkie. I already quoted that passage from Ben Hicks that pretty much sums up what I’m thinking. I’m addicted to nicotine and caffine. I have trouble with both. Oxycontin… :eek:

Personally, pain killers give me nasty hangovers that more than counterbalance any “euphoria” I get when I take them. Now, I consider myself lucky.

I love the kneejerk righties in here, Apos and Libertarian, pretending they’d have exactly as much sympathy for a homeless black crack addict as they’re offering Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh (nor his followers) no longer EVER have any right to spout bullshit about the equal opportunities available to all American individuals and the downside of Affirmative Action. Look at the opportunities Rush had, and he STILL succumbed to the devil in the bottle.

I hope this gives him new respect for those people who have most of life’s forces arrayed against them and STILL manage to live a drugfree life, and especially a LOT more respect for those people who, like him, succumb.

Is this where we all go, “HAW HAW HAW!”? 'Cause that’s what I did.

Esprix

This is a tough one.

Laugh at the hypocite being caught red handed with illegal drugs within 2 weeks of being fired (oops I mean “resigned”) for a borderline racist crack, or realize that to do so would make me no better then that slimy piece of crap.

So I compromise- ha ha, you got fired and exposed as a race baiting crackpot.

And get well soon from your addiction. Addiction ain’t funny. Hopefully, when you get out of rehab and finish picking up trash for community service (or recording anti-drug commercials), that maybe your views on drug policy will be a little more informed. Maybe some good could come from this tribulation he faces. While Rush deserved to be fired for his statements, and exposed for the ignorance he often spews, celebrating that someone was exposed as a hard-core Oxycontin addict just isn’t right.

The fact that is addiction might have cost him his hearing is all the more reason not to rejoice. That’s my opinion, at least.

Well, elf6c, you could also tie Rush’s addiction to a quarter of a billion dollars’ worth of potential fraud.

cite

That was May 29, 2001. Rush renewed his contract with Premiere Radio Networks in July of 2001. Rush’s statement above appears to indicate he was somehow monitoring his condition while in contract negotiations.

Some people have speculated that Rush concealed his deteriorating condition from Premiere in order to secure his contract. Now we must also consider the distinct possibility that Rush’s hearing loss was caused by the abuse of prescription opiates. Nothing probative, of course. Just very curious…

It’s “probative” but not conclusive. But, I’ll go with handfuls of downers over a very rare degenerative disease – if Rush was taking handfuls of downers. It appears that he was using Elvisian quantities of prescription medication up to the strongest pharmaceutical opiate I’m aware of – other than dilaudid. Dilaudid is what killed Heather Graham’s character in Drugstore Cowboy.

He hasn’t?

From MSN:

Also from that article (though not related to the previous comment):

:rolleyes:

Well, a friendly f*k you to you too, man or woman. All I was saying that, to be consistent, I think it’s too bad someone has a drug addiction. That sucks. Also, that person may or may not be a total asshole and a hypocrite or whatever, depending on your political agenda or perspective. That just wasn’t what I happened to be saying.

And wait a minute. Fuck you again, for saying anything about my sympathies. As I noted, I DO think there is a real double standard and Bauer’s quote simply does not adequately defend it. Addictions happen for all sorts of reasons: but it’s blatantly obvious that punishments are very different for those more likely to be experienced by the more well off. To me, this simply further suggests that the Drug War doesn’t work: it’s just easier to apply unjust treatment to the powerless.

And I f*king WORK with, among other street homeless populations, homeless black crack addicts (plenty of whom aren’t black), previously for a living, and volunteer, and hopefully for a living again if I can get a job.

And Lib didn’t say anything about comparative sympathy for anyone: he asked a question about what Rush said, not even an agressive question, but a perfectly reasonable request for a cite before a continued pile on.

Apparantly, Rush also called Jerry Garcia “just a dead doper” when he passed. I first heard this from Al Franken, who although I find pretty trustworthy might be a bit biased, so I did a search on it. I found this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Jerry+Garcia+"just+a+dead+doper"&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&selm=DDJrsC.8uH%40murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU&rnum=1

Note that this usenet message was made way back in 1995.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Beagle *
**Well, yes, I was “kidding.” I’m saying that Rush is a serious junkie. I already quoted that passage from Ben Hicks that pretty much sums up what I’m thinking.
No, what I mean’t was that addiction or no addiction; I certainly don’t and have never considered Rush to be anything close to “normal” in any definition of the word that I have ever come across.

I personally don’t believe the man has any personal beliefs other than saying what is good for Rush and will make Rush money and get Rush more attention. He is, IMO, an abberration of this society.