I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and am astounded at its amazingly short battery life. If I go to bed with the phone at a 100% charge, it dies in about 7 hours, just in time for when I wake up.
I’ve looked all over the internet and tried various things:
- As a starter, I’ve disabled wi-fi, 3G, and all syncing
- Brightness is turned down to near the very bottom
- I’ve enabled Energy Saver functions
- I’ve disabled all the haptic feedback stuff, sounds for interface things, etc.
- I’ve tried Juice Defender on Aggressive mode
- I’ve tried stopping some processes, like S-Voice, and various Samsung processes like Samsung Account, Samsung Apps, Samsung Backup
Nothing seems to work, and the most I’ve gotten out of it is maybe 7.5 hours, and that’s with me not using it at all (i.e. me sleeping). The only thing I haven’t done is turn off actual cell reception, because, well, it’s a phone, and that’s the core function I use it for.
I wonder if any of the wise minds here might know something else I can try. Is it possibly just a bum battery?