Sappy songs you are unapologetic about loving

Silly Love Songs. Love the killer bass line. One of my absolute favorite McCartney songs (Happy 79th, Paul!)

Society’s Child.

I’ll just leave this here:

Last episode.

Does the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald count?

I’m a John Denver fan so I’m sure about half his songs.

I’m not sure if this is exactly “sappy,” but Garth Brooks’ “The Dance” is definitely heart-on-your-sleeve sentimental.

[quote=“kitap, post:27, topic:944578”]
Does the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald count?
[/quote]Do you love it? Of course; it’s brilliant. Are you embarrassed when your friends find out? Sit them down and play it and a documentary when divers explored the wreck, showing the main hatchway stoved in.

This belongs in Cafe Society. I have moved it for you.

RickJay

And now for some Mozart, the Clarinet Quintet in A. Do you remember it from the final episode of MASH? Charles had laboriously taught it to some Korean musicians… and what became of them. Brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it.

[quote=“dropzone, post:29, topic:944578, full:true”]

I’m old enough I like what I like; don’t feel embarrassed. I did think the instrumental version was a possibly poor choice to play at the Canadian Pavilion at EPCOT.

Three older ones, I imagine some would think them manipulative and sappy, but I still swoon:

‘All I Ask of You’ from Phantom of the Opera
‘Since I Fell For You’ - Mr. Lenny Welch
‘Oh Shenandoah’ - by anyone

I have these (and others) burned to a CD inscribed ‘Sal’s Sad Songfest’, with a sharpie.

Close My Eyes Forever - in the car I sing both Lita and Ozzy’s parts.

No mention of “Cat’s in the Cradle” or “Father and Son” yet?

Sunday 15 June–Sunday 22 June 1975. Cuddling on the couch with Gina and singing to each other in between kisses. The happiest week of my life.

Dance with me was the first song I ever downloaded, Walmart Music $0.88 this newfangled MP3 stuff. AOL 56K dial up, it took 15 minutes.

Miracles. It’s sappy, and a bit naughty.

It has some impressively dirty lyrics for a song that made it onto mainstream radio in the 1970s. :smiley:

The version that made it onto mainstream radio had the naughty bits excised. And is about three minutes shorter.

You can imagine my surprise when I heard the album version.